+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Work Permit

leon_dimitri

Apr 4, 2016
Hello! I'm new here, and I couldn't find any similar question to mine, so here it goes: I'd like to know if doing a post-graduate program also allows you to get a work permit equal to the time you studied in the program. And, if you're graduate from outside Canada and you do an 1-year course in Canada (not related with your graduation), when you get the work permit, do you have to find a job that is specifically related to the course you've done in Canada or can you actually get a job that is related with your previous graduation? Also, if it's not asking too much ;D, can anyone please give me a link that explains what you have to do to get a license to work in a job that is under the regulated professions when you're from another country? Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

leon_dimitri said:
Hello! I'm new here, and I couldn't find any similar question to mine, so here it goes: I'd like to know if doing a post-graduate program also allows you to get a work permit equal to the time you studied in the program. And, if you're graduate from outside Canada and you do an 1-year course in Canada (not related with your graduation), when you get the work permit, do you have to find a job that is specifically related to the course you've done in Canada or can you actually get a job that is related with your previous graduation? Also, if it's not asking too much ;D, can anyone please give me a link that explains what you have to do to get a license to work in a job that is under the regulated professions when you're from another country? Thanks!
1. If you take a one year course at a DLI and the course if eligible for PGWP, you can work in any occupation that you want (some restrictions as to health care and children.)
2. You have to check with each province where you intend to work about licensing for their regulated professions.