+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the new laws passed about sponsorship

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
My friend is also in the same process on his sponsorship program.
He told me,

" IT DOESNT matter how fast the process goes, they will held the application for at least 1 year before approval NO MATTER what happens. "

I am very curious if its true, because I really don't know what's there to keep reading my documents for a year is going to change anything.

Then he told me another thing, fake marriage can be charged:

$100k to the sponsor and deport applicant. Sponsor may not get marry for another 20 years.

Im not worry about this one, because my case is true love. however I still think it's very exaggerated.

Since I am in this hole with everyone else, I figure I should share with everyone if this is true.

PS. I googled it and i cannot find it anywhere, but my friend said it's the new law passed recently.

With the power of internet I do ask for its validity.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You should find out what drugs your friend is taking and ask him to share ;)

No such laws have been passed and no such things even exist, except in his mind, apparently.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
You should find out what drugs your friend is taking and ask him to share ;)

No such laws have been passed and no such things even exist, except in his mind, apparently.
Thank you. He loves his wife very much too. The waiting is killing him. He paid for lawyer in the faith of getting it done soon, but apparently it isn't the case. I will definitely pass your words to him maybe his can be done sooner than 1 year.

Thank you

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You don't need a lawyer to complete a spousal sponsorship application unless there is an issue that may cause him/her to be inadmissible. Spousal sponsorship is listed as 12 months for completion of 80% of applications. That means there are roughly 20% more that take longer and for the most part, many of them are completed in less time. It really depends on how strong the application is and what kinds of proofs that were sent with it.

Take your time filling it out and ensure correct data. Add your proofs to back up all of this information and you will see that your application goes smoothly and quickly.

Best of luck to you.

josephcheng1215

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
You don't need a lawyer to complete a spousal sponsorship application unless there is an issue that may cause him/her to be inadmissible. Spousal sponsorship is listed as 12 months for completion of 80% of applications. That means there are roughly 20% more that take longer and for the most part, many of them are completed in less time. It really depends on how strong the application is and what kinds of proofs that were sent with it.

Take your time filling it out and ensure correct data. Add your proofs to back up all of this information and you will see that your application goes smoothly and quickly.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you very much. I didn't want to use a lawyer, because I believe we would be doing the exact same thing. And thank you for your luck.