+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about the Citzenship Certificate

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Hello!
Quick questions.
1. Are they going to issue the citizenship certificate immediately on the day of oath taking ceremony? Or there is a waiting period. If there is, how many days/weeks?

2. When is the earliest day to apply for a Canadian passport?

3. When would they start sending email invite for oath taking ceremony? Because I haven't received any email invites yet and they already completed on Jun 24 my Prohibitions, Language skills, etc. Does it take them 2 weeks from Jun 24 to send me an invite?

Thanks.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello!
Quick questions.
1. Are they going to issue the citizenship certificate immediately on the day of oath taking ceremony? Or there is a waiting period. If there is, how many days/weeks?

2. When is the earliest day to apply for a Canadian passport?

3. When would they start sending email invite for oath taking ceremony? Because I haven't received any email invites yet and they already completed on Jun 24 my Prohibitions, Language skills, etc. Does it take them 2 weeks from Jun 24 to send me an invite?

Thanks.
1. Yes usually they issue the certificate on the day of the oath. The waiting period is the time it takes to be mailed. It depends on the office and your location and Canada Post times.

2. I mailed out my passport application the very same day my certificate arrived. Others also go right away to the passport office.

3. You have to check your tracker. The oath part must say a scheduled date. They will send the invite about 1 week prior. If your last tracker update was just the completed stuff, you'll have to keep waiting until the oath status changes before you expect anything.