+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about temporary policy on excessive demand

sailingpirate

Mar 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about the PR process and how "excessive demand" is being handled after this temporary policy entered into effect: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excessive-demand-june-2018.html

My situation: I have been living in Canada for a few years, and I have a child (born outside of Canada) which has a bit of a language delay - ie, generally sociable and able to interact with people but struggles a bit with more complex sentences/ideas. We never used any social services though, and my wife have been homeschooling our child during the time we were here.

My question: I noticed on the temporary policy that any demand related to language/speech therapy or special education services does not seem to be accounted anymore; is this really being applied on all cases? Anyone in a similar situation that applied after the policy entered in effect could share their experiences about how it went?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about the PR process and how "excessive demand" is being handled after this temporary policy entered into effect: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/excessive-demand-june-2018.html

My situation: I have been living in Canada for a few years, and I have a child (born outside of Canada) which has a bit of a language delay - ie, generally sociable and able to interact with people but struggles a bit with more complex sentences/ideas. We never used any social services though, and my wife have been homeschooling our child during the time we were here.

My question: I noticed on the temporary policy that any demand related to language/speech therapy or special education services does not seem to be accounted anymore; is this really being applied on all cases? Anyone in a similar situation that applied after the policy entered in effect could share their experiences about how it went?

Thanks!
If it is a mild speech delay you are likely fine.