+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about submit complaint

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Submitting a complaint will likely not speed your application up. If background checks are still ongoing there's not much you can do. IRCC may be waiting on any number of things before they can complete them.

Contact IRCC and and ask them what's going on since you are past 12 month mark. Then contact your MP again and insist that they contact IRCC for you.

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Submitting a complaint will likely not speed your application up. If background checks are still ongoing there's not much you can do. IRCC may be waiting on any number of things before they can complete them.

Contact IRCC and and ask them what's going on since you are past 12 month mark. Then contact your MP again and insist that they contact IRCC for you.

Mp already contact with them same respond ( background check)
Can i use this link and submit complaint? http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Is it good to do or not ? And should i submit complain against cbsa? Or another organization?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Mp already contact with them same respond ( background check)
Can i use this link and submit complaint? http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Is it good to do or not ? And should i submit complain against cbsa? Or another organization?
The link you've quoted is for Access to Information Act complaints. This has nothing to do with the citizenship process.

You can try going the mandamus route with your lawyer - however you would probably have to wait until you are at around the 2 year mark before you try that.

Reactions: Shervin_f_s

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
The link you've quoted is for Access to Information Act complaints. This has nothing to do with the citizenship process.

You can try going the mandamus route with your lawyer - however you would probably have to wait until you are at around the 2 year mark before you try that.
After we start for mandamus route how long will takes to get results? Any other way you think can be helpful?

And on this link

http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx

Says complaint about delay of processing time. It means doesn't work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After we start for mandamus route how long will takes to get results? Any other way you think can be helpful?

And on this link

Says complaint about delay of processing time. It means doesn't work?
The complaint about processing delays refers to Access to Information requests. Again, nothing to do with the citizenship process.

Mandamus can get results in a few months - but again, it only really seems to work once you are way way over normal processing times (e.g. have been waiting 2-3 years).

I can't think of anything else that might be helpful. Unfortunately background checks sometimes take quite a bit of time.

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
The complaint about processing delays refers to Access to Information requests. Again, nothing to do with the citizenship process.

Mandamus can get results in a few months - but again, it only really seems to work once you are way way over normal processing times (e.g. have been waiting 2-3 years).

I can't think of anything else that might be helpful. Unfortunately background checks sometimes take quite a bit of time.
Normal processing time is only one year

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I m on 15th month waiting for ceremony , i passed test 8 month ago l. Mp , lawyer , and cic said i should wait cause background check not done yet . Can i use this link and submit complaint?

No use ... I am in my 16th month of waiting now and haven’t even taken the test yet, but finally got the test invite on Friday and will be nearing my 17th month when I take the test, who knows how much longer after that ....

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
He used word “way way over” 1 year processing is for 80% of application and some can take longer. Only option you have right now is to keep sending webform inquiries and follow up through lawyers and MP nothing much u can do
Could you send me webform link please

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Normal processing time is only one year
Clarification: IRCC processing time information is NO longer based on how long it took to process 80% of applications.

IRCC information about processing times is vague and deliberately does NOT forecast how long it will take pending or future applications.

In particular, the IRCC online information describes its processing time for grant citizenship applications this way:
"This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past."​

Most merely means at least one more than HALF. It is essentially the median timeline.

Current anecdotal reporting is consistent with this, many here still reporting their application still pending longer than a year.

Reminder: there is no statutory or regulatory time requirement for processing citizenship applications. Not even a "reasonable time" requirement.

Mandamus was a very long shot even back when grant citizenship processing dragged on past three years, largely because the length of time is NOT a ground for Mandamus. If there is no time requirement in which the Minister must act on a citizenship application, there cannot be a clear duty to make a decision within any particular length of time.

The length of time is a relevant factor if there are other facts and circumstances to show that the Minister has failed to take an action the Minister has a clear duty to take. These are difficult cases to win.

For a time, preliminary steps to pursue Mandamus, done by a competent lawyer, tended to help SOME (just some) applicants push CIC (back when there was a Conservative government) to proceed with processing the application, but again that was back when grant citizenship processing was dragging on for three and more years. And it was NOT cheap. (Similar efforts by applicants acting on their own behalf tended to be ignored by CIC.)

Shervin_f_s

Jan 19, 2017
Clarification: IRCC processing time information is NO longer based on how long it took to process 80% of applications.

IRCC information about processing times is vague and deliberately does NOT forecast how long it will take pending or future applications.

In particular, the IRCC online information describes its processing time for grant citizenship applications this way:
"This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past."​

Most merely means at least one more than HALF. It is essentially the median timeline.

Current anecdotal reporting is consistent with this, many here still reporting their application still pending longer than a year.

Reminder: there is no statutory or regulatory time requirement for processing citizenship applications. Not even a "reasonable time" requirement.

Mandamus was a very long shot even back when grant citizenship processing dragged on past three years, largely because the length of time is NOT a ground for Mandamus. If there is no time requirement in which the Minister must act on a citizenship application, there cannot be a clear duty to make a decision within any particular length of time.

The length of time is a relevant factor if there are other facts and circumstances to show that the Minister has failed to take an action the Minister has a clear duty to take. These are difficult cases to win.

For a time, preliminary steps to pursue Mandamus, done by a competent lawyer, tended to help SOME (just some) applicants push CIC (back when there was a Conservative government) to proceed with processing the application, but again that was back when grant citizenship processing was dragging on for three and more years. And it was NOT cheap. (Similar efforts by applicants acting on their own behalf tended to be ignored by CIC.)
Looks like your recommendation is wait i understand but i cannot wait for years for no reason cause they hold application. I should do something. Tried of waiting