+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about study permit ( for less than 6 month course )

snic15

May 14, 2015
Well hello in the first place and Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone. Finally I made up my mind and going to apply for the 3 month English course at the College of the Rockies and the reason for that is because, before applying to the university I need to take LSAT ( Law school admission test), which can not be taken in my country, so I decided to attend English courses in Canada and at the same time take LSAT. I know that courses that last less than 6 month don't require study permit, but after I finish my English course I want to get enrolled into university and continue my study. So I want to request study permit and my question is, should I provide additional funds? In addition to the ones that I am already required to show for the English course? The reason why I want to know this is because the person who is going to sponsor me, might provide me with the bank statement with the exact money which is required for an English course. ( Which is roughly 7-8000$).
Thanks in advance and Happy holidays.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

snic15 said:
Well hello in the first place and Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone. Finally I made up my mind and going to apply for the 3 month English course at the College of the Rockies and the reason for that is because, before applying to the university I need to take LSAT ( Law school admission test), which can not be taken in my country, so I decided to attend English courses in Canada and at the same time take LSAT. I know that courses that last less than 6 month don't require study permit, but after I finish my English course I want to get enrolled into university and continue my study. So I want to request study permit and my question is, should I provide additional funds? In addition to the ones that I am already required to show for the English course? The reason why I want to know this is because the person who is going to sponsor me, might provide me with the bank statement with the exact money which is required for an English course. ( Which is roughly 7-8000$).
Thanks in advance and Happy holidays.

1. Your reason to take ESL for 3 months in Canada is not good enough to satisfy visa officer. Think again.

snic15

May 14, 2015
That's what the friend of my fathers told me who's a visa consultant, but why is it not enough depending on the circumstances? Currently I am studying law at the state university of my country and I wish to continue in Canada. As I stated, Canadian universities require law school admission test to be taken before giving admission, so in anyway I have to go to a foreign country to take the test. Taking legal English course and passing the exam as the same time seemed like a good idea to me. I'd have as well gained some life experience in Canada.