Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Hi,

We applied for our visa in May 2014 and our visa office is London. I am currently working in korea. My wife is my sponsor and she is a Canadian citizen. She is going to live with me (from this january) until we get the PR and then we will move to Canada. Now my question is will this create any problem because she will live with me outside Canada? I know we will have to give proof that we will move to Canada once my PR has been finalized. Can we send this proof voluntarily to embassy or do we have to wait for the embassy to ask for it? Also, do we have to inform to the Embassy that she is living with me (her updated address etc.)?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
You must send as much proofs as you can before their request. Because there are So many cases that are in the interview queue just because of this single reason that the sponsor is living with spouse outside CA even if the sponsor is National/Citizen.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
if she is a canadian citizen, then it's fine. since you've already submitted your application, it's probably best just to prepare proof or resettling if/when CIC requests it. if she's moved after being found eligible, it could be possible they don't know she moved, and may not inquire about your plans. it's usually best practice to be ready if/when they do!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Above proposed thing is done by few members I know from Pakistan and are caught by CIC and don't know how CIC knew about that. Sponsor started living in Pakistan after stage1 approval. Now one of them is in interview queue and sponsor is now going back to Canada to show the intent of living in Canada. And one's Visa was rejected(This happened to a friend of mine) due to this reason, now hey are in appeal process.
May be it was due to insufficient proofs of going back to CA or what, I do not remember now. But the one who is in the interview queue is a regular member in Pakistan thread; she is Canadian citizen.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
handsup said:
Above proposed thing is done by few members I know from Pakistan and are caught by CIC and don't know how CIC knew about that. Sponsor started living in Pakistan after stage1 approval. Now one of them is in interview queue and sponsor is now going back to Canada to show the intent of living in Canada. And one's Visa was rejected(This happened to a friend of mine) due to this reason, now hey are in appeal process.
May be it was due to insufficient proofs of going back to CA or what, I do not remember now. But the one who is in the interview queue is a regular member in Pakistan thread; she is Canadian citizen.
generally, CIC just doesn't deny pr applications without an interview or giving the applicant/sponsor a chance to submit extra proof. i'm sure it's very easy for CIC to find out if a canadian citizen is no longer a residnt of canada, considering further checks are done on the sponsor after sponsor approval. CIC isn't going to just see a sponsor is out of the country and automatically reject the application. if they did that, there would be a lot of trouble for CIC. They are either going to ask for more info or request an interview before making a decision. that's why it's best to get stuff together NOW to prove IMMEDIATE intentions if/when it's requested. It is known if the proof submitted doesn't show IMMEDIATE intent, then there's a chance of rejection too. The proof needs to not suggest a specific date. it must suggest the plans are IMMEDIATELY upon approval.

There are many sponsors approved regularly who are not living in Canada. . it's not CIC's responsiblity to assume the sponsor will be moving back upon approval. the burden of proof is on the sponsor and applicant to show IMMEDIATE plans for resettling in Canada. i suspect, what was submitted (or said in an interview) in the case you quoted didn't suffice CIC's concerns on this matter.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
generally, CIC just doesn't deny pr applications without an interview or giving the applicant/sponsor a chance to submit extra proof. i'm sure it's very easy for CIC to find out if a canadian citizen is no longer a residnt of canada, considering further checks are done on the sponsor after sponsor approval. CIC isn't going to just see a sponsor is out of the country and automatically reject the application. if they did that, there would be a lot of trouble for CIC. They are either going to ask for more info or request an interview before making a decision. that's why it's best to get stuff together NOW to prove IMMEDIATE intentions if/when it's requested. It is known if the proof submitted doesn't show IMMEDIATE intent, then there's a chance of rejection too. The proof needs to not suggest a specific date. it must suggest the plans are IMMEDIATELY upon approval.

There are many sponsors approved regularly who are not living in Canada. . it's not CIC's responsiblity to assume the sponsor will be moving back upon approval. the burden of proof is on the sponsor and applicant to show IMMEDIATE plans for resettling in Canada. i suspect, what was submitted (or said in an interview) in the case you quoted didn't suffice CIC's concerns on this matter.
Yes I agree with you, they might have not shown enough/strong proofs to support their future intentions. Can you pleas share few so that the we get clear idea of those strong ties/plans that CIC will believe and wont doubt anymore ?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
handsup said:
Yes I agree with you, they might have not shown enough/strong proofs to support their future intentions. Can you pleas share few so that the we get clear idea of those strong ties/plans that CIC will believe and wont doubt anymore ?
there are plenty of threads that discuss this topic.