+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about second citizenship / IMM 0008 form

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello, can anyone please advise on this:
If I have a second citizenship from the country I was born in (Russia) but don’t live there today. And my passport from that country expired a few years ago.
Do I still need to write in the Generic Application Form that I have that second citizenship or no?
Thank you very much for your help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
If I have a second citizenship from the country I was born in (Russia) but don’t live there today. And my passport from that country expired a few years ago.
Do I still need to write in the Generic Application Form that I have that second citizenship or no?
Of course.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Thank you very much for your replies. And do I need to support it by providing a copy of the expired passport? Or simply mentioning it in the form should be enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you very much for your replies. And do I need to support it by providing a copy of the expired passport? Or simply mentioning it in the form should be enough?
You can include a copy.

Reactions: NDDG

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
yes

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
I have a notarized copy of my main/first passport. Do I need to notarize also that old expired passport copy (of my second citizenship)?
Thank you for your help.
just simple copy, they just need to know if your are telling the truth about your trips.

Jane1111R

Feb 20, 2020
Yes, of course. I live in the U.S.A but all the time I had the problem to travel in Europe because I need a visa to go somewhere. I was in search of second citizenship for US citizens and I found a good expert in this domain. He helped me to get a second citizenship, he said what to do, what documents I had to prepare, and many other details. I didn't get it fast but after a year I had it in my hands. Now I can travel without difficulties in all the countries but if I need a visa, I had it in some hours.