+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about RRP, PASSORT

ccqq

Dec 24, 2018
Hello,

My Aor is Jan, 2019, but I am still waiting the PPR email. My passport will expire in Jun, 2020.
Because replacing a new passport will need more than one month, so I am wondering when should I replace the passport.
My questions are:
1. After they send out the PPR email, how many days we must mail out the passport?
2. I heard that if we apply regular Canada VISA, the passport can not expire within 6 month. How about the immigrate VISA? Can we mail out the passport which have less than 6 months expiration date for stamping the VISA? Or, can we hold the passport with 6 months expiration date to land?

Thanks.

Last edited:

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello,

My Aor is Jan, 2019, but I am still waiting the PPR email. My passport will expire in Jun, 2020.
Because replacing a new passport will need more than one month, so I am wondering when should I replace the passport.
My questions are:
1. After they send out the PPR email, how many days we must mail out the passport?
2. I heard that if we apply regular Canada VISA, the passport can not expire within 6 month. How about the immigrate VISA? Can we mail out the passport which have less than 6 months expiration date for stamping the VISA? Or, can we hold the passport with 6 months expiration date to land?

Thanks.
1. Within 30 days of the mail, the passport has to be submitted at a visa processing centre.
2. You can submit a passport with validity less than 6 months, however, the date of expiry of the visa is either the date on which your medicals expire or date on which your passport expires, whichever is first.

You can apply for a new passport under some express service, which grants you a passport in few days instead of a month and once you get a new one, you can update IRCC about your new passport via the webform.