+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about restoration of status

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
My recent temporary residence extension application was rejected as a visitor so im doing a restoration of status because my wife is sponsoring me and i would like to wait here while its being processed. I failed to mention thst on my last application and maybe thats why they rejected it idk. Maybe they thought i was trying to live here without being sponsored . Only problem is on the application to restore status they ask for a clear explanation kg hos you lost your previous status etc problen is i dont know . They issued a generic letter statingi didnt satisfy the agents with my application without mentioning specifics .how am i supposed to write a letter explaining my violation if i dont know what it was???

Second when doing a restoration of status do i have to pay the fees for another extension as well or is a restoration alone sufficient .

Last edited:

Esodarkelf2021

Oct 4, 2017
The only thing i wrote in the letter was i apologized for not mentioning we were applying for sponsorship and that my wife has a medical condition which reqires me to be here to help her etc . As i said i dont know the reason my initial application was rejected as i was given a generic reply