+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about removal order ?

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
Hi there,
I am about to return to canada with my Canadian wife on an ETA to visit for 6 months and then hopefully apply inland.

However 3 years ago I was last in Canada on an iec work visa. Near the end of my alotted 2 years I applied to extend my stay as a visitor and sentertainment it off just before my woring holiday visa ended so while i was waiting i was on implied status.. which I realise now wouldn't have worked anyway..but I just needed more time in Canada while my now wife's visa for Ireland came in. The application was rejected I believe for some stupid reason which I believe came down to a date being wrong or something. They also sent out a letter to leave Canada but I'm pretty sure there was no date on it but being over my 2 year visa it made sense. I stayed for 2 or 3 weeks more and then left Canada for Ireland with my wife.
Now a year and a half layer I'm trying to return and realise on ETA application and spousal sponsorship both ask if I was ordered to leave Canada at any point?
Should I be truthful and say there was a time even do the details were very vague and I don't really remember the reason as it wasn't that serious. Obviously I assume you do but I just don't know how to word the response and will this mess up my applications because they will trust me less ?
Thanks

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
If you dont they will find out and that will be considered misrepresentation. Your application will be rejected and you will have a 5 year ban from being allowed in canada. Why even think of lying? Not a good way to start the process. Immigration will see the removal order AND the visa denial so its better to be honest...

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Just to add, if they ban you for 5 years for misrepresentation, it’s a 5 year ban, period. No exceptions, no exclusions. Your wife wouldn’t be able to sponsor you until the 5 years is completed.
IRCC is generally pretty lienient on overstays like yours during sponsorship or immigration. Just be truthful.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Are you sure you were actually issued a formal removal order, or in fact a formal departure order for an extend stay as visitor application refusal given there is a very specific process to be followed with a formal order. Assume you no longer have the letter. Regardless you need to answer any question about a refusal with a yes and include an explanation.

Not sure why you expected it to be refused at the time given extend stay as a visitor are pretty straight forward for a visa exempt.

You need to answer all questions honestly given your history will be in the system

Last edited:

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
As above poster mentions this does not sound like a removal order. It's a visitor refusal telling you to leave. They are v different. I was refused a visitor extension and my letter said I should leave Canada by xxxx date but I certainly didn't get a removal order.

As others have said yes you must mention it but just make sure you are using the correct term going forward. Save yourself some questions!

Djdj9037

Jan 25, 2017
Thank you everyone for responses.
Hopefully it was just a visitor refusal letter telling me to leave, because I was over my two year iec working holiday visa, as this would make more sense.

I don't remember exact dates.. Like when I sent off visitor extension application..but I know it was only a few weeks before my visa ran out on August 14th 2016.
I received refusal letter in late September and we didn't leave for Ireland until October 16th because of money and wife's visa for Ireland coming through.
If I explain this and say letter wasof refusal of extension plus telling me to leave Canada will they be more ok with me returning then an actual removal order?
Thanks again for all the help.