+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about re-apply study permit

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
So I think he got rejected because PhD is not usually given on a yearly basis. It is often a contract of atleast 3-4 years. Ofcourse this is just my speculation and I have no idea how his field works, but I have seen people who went to similar programs in Europe whose funding ran out mid program and they had to return to their country and wait until funding was resumed, if ever.
If his PhD was yearly, then I dont know if he showed enough funds to cover further years of PhD in case funding was not given.

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
So I think he got rejected because PhD is not usually given on a yearly basis. It is often a contract of atleast 3-4 years. Ofcourse this is just my speculation and I have no idea how his field works, but I have seen people who went to similar programs in Europe whose funding ran out mid program and they had to return to their country and wait until funding was resumed, if ever.
If his PhD was yearly, then I dont know if he showed enough funds to cover further years of PhD in case funding was not given.
His funding letter has said the funding will be provided for four years. I do not think the funding should be a problem. Since another fully-funded PhD also got rejected said the visa officer think he/she will not leave Canada after studying. It is hard to understand.

• Wow
Reactions: ayesha_llk2

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
Contact with university/funding body if they can extend to next semester. Then first get GCMS notes and tackle all the issues in it and then reapply. Otherwise (if they are not agree to extend) continue every thing.
Sorry, what do you mean "continue everything"? Thanks.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
This is just my opinion, without a valid study permit I don't think his studies will count and be formally recognised. This is why a lot of students have deferred. It is not correct for any institution to allow a student to start a program without a study permit or in the least an aip.

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
This is just my opinion, without a valid study permit I don't think his studies will count and be formally recognised. This is why a lot of students have deferred. It is not correct for any institution to allow a student to start a program without a study permit or in the least an aip.
So, you mean he has to withdraw from the university? Oh my god!!!

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
You know, this year, the situation is so special..........

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
So, you mean he has to withdraw from the university? Oh my god!!!
Well my DLI had a deadline for the study permit, it was automatic deferral without it. I'm surprised the uni let him start, like other people have said, he should first talk to the immigration advisor at the uni

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
Well my DLI had a deadline for the study permit, it was automatic deferral without it. I'm surprised the uni let him start, like other people have said, he should first talk to the immigration advisor at the uni
The university just said it is OK to start without the program now. And you know, the Ph.D. rejection rate is pretty small, as a result, he just started.

kaiyi li

Sep 19, 2020
That's got nothing to do with it, no study permit = no study
Hi, the immigration advisor from the university said it is OK for him to re-apply study permit without stopping study since he is not studying in Canada and he will continue to get his scholarship. It looks like good news for him.

Reactions: ayesha_llk2

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Hi, the immigration advisor from the university said it is OK for him to re-apply study permit without stopping study since he is not studying in Canada and he will continue to get his scholarship. It looks like good news for him.
That's good! Hope he gets his permit soon too