+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
There's a section on page 3 called "Details of intended work in Canada". If I am applying for a PGWP and I currently hold an off-campus job (have had it for 1+ year), do I need to fill out this section, including employer, address, job title? The Instruction Guide says that you would put info from your LMIA or Offer of employment, none of which I ever had to obtain, so I guess I can skip it?. Also, the CIC website never mentions that you need to have a job in order to apply for a PGWP; and furthermore, the fields in this section are optional if you select Post Graduation Work Permit for question 1 a).

So would you suggest listing my employer? Any other students here stumbled upon the same problem? Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There's a section on page 3 called "Details of intended work in Canada". If I am applying for a PGWP and I currently hold an off-campus job (have had it for 1+ year), do I need to fill out this section, including employer, address, job title? The Instruction Guide says that you would put info from your LMIA or Offer of employment, none of which I ever had to obtain, so I guess I can skip it?. Also, the CIC website never mentions that you need to have a job in order to apply for a PGWP; and furthermore, the fields in this section are optional if you select Post Graduation Work Permit for question 1 a).

So would you suggest listing my employer? Any other students here stumbled upon the same problem? Thanks
No, you don't fill in your employer's information.