+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question About Police Clearance Certificate for my spouse in New York

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
just wanna ask if what Police Clearance Should my spouse get and shes Living in New york before she got 18 till present

Because i tried to Research on CIC website about police certificates
and i found out they may be called
either Police Clearance Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate or etc

and today my wife gave me something called "Certificate of Conduct(Formerly known as Good Conduct Certificate)-which all words are indicated on the paper-" which she got from public inquiry& request at Police Headquarters on New York(New York Police Department) and will also require and finger print check.. but the this one will only take around 10 working days(indicated on the paper)

im so confused because i also saw another post on this forum that theres this FBI check that also requires a finger prink check and this one will really take around 13-18weeks processing time

which one is which?? can my wife just get that Good Conduct Certificate from NYPD

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She needs the FBI IHSR letter, because CIC needs a national level clearance for persons that have lived (or are living) in the U.S. and will only ask for a state level clearance if they deem it necessary.

She sends her fingerprint card, along with the FBI application to the FBI in West Virginia. The cost is $18 and yes...it takes ~14 weeks to get the letter.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
the FBI website has the application and payment information. You will need to mail the application, a set of fingerprints and payment to the FBI, and will wait 13-15 weeks for the background check to be completed. go here, click on "submit application to FBI directly and follow the instructions.
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
do you think my spouse should get medical too while filing this things? we really want this thing to get finish in like around 2 months so we will just have to wait for that FBI and i think that medical also takes along time

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Rafaelchan002 said:
do you think my spouse should get medical too while filing this things? we really want this thing to get finish in like around 2 months so we will just have to wait for that FBI and i think that medical also takes along time
medical doesn't take very long. all she has to do is call an approved doctor on the list in her area to make an appointment. how quickly she can get in depends on how busy they are. when she goes to the doctor, they will give her an "emedical receipt" that goes in the application. completing the medical upfront will limit any delay based on the medical exam. not submitting upfront runs the risk of delaying the app.

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
the FBI website has the application and payment information. You will need to mail the application, a set of fingerprints and payment to the FBI, and will wait 13-15 weeks for the background check to be completed. go here, click on "submit application to FBI directly and follow the instructions.
So i cant use this "Good Conduct certificate" from NYPD? and just do the FBI .. just wanna double check sorry