+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Police certificate

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
First of all I am already citizen and helping my sister in law for her application. She is living in Calgary

My is question is : she is living in Canada last 3 years 3 months as a PR. She is also arrived in Canada as a PR. ( from this 3.3 years she was 3 months in back home for her family visit )

Before she arrived in Canada she was in her home country . She didn’t go any other country rather than Canada .

So does she really need police certificate

In question it says last 4 years did you spend more than 183 days outside Canada . Yes she was in back home before come to Canada . so far Shen spend 3.3 years in Canada .

Again in citizenship guide line says :

Note: If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.

Can anyone pls help does she really need PCC or Not

May be I am wrong but as per my understanding of English she don’t need PCC

I hope you all will help her .

Thanks
My sister name is morium.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, follow the guide. Noone here will give a better answer than the OFFICIAL REQUIREMENT.
It says to not give a PCC in the exact situation of your sister in law ? Don't give a PCC.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
I think the answer to your case is 'Yes' to the question 10b in the CIT002 form. But no need to attach new PCC as it was previously attached with the PR application (here its assumed that you infact did supply a PCC with your old PR application)

See below example from the CIC application guide instructions: (link here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html)

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

EDIT: the line on the CIC website which says
Note: If you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, you are NOT required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box.

Am guessing that if you or anyone is in Canada for 4 years then you will answer No to question 10b and will not attach the PCC

Last edited:

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
This is what I am waiting for her

I was in my country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four year period, So I do NOT required to provide a police certificate.