+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about personal identification

schvpp1509

Feb 25, 2021
I'm planning to use my PR Card and my province Health Card as my two pieces of ID, the recent application rules state that:
  • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
I cannot find any information whether or not a health card constitutes as "issued by the Canadian Government". Does anyone know what qualifies as such?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
I'm planning to use my PR Card and my province Health Card as my two pieces of ID, the recent application rules state that:
  • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
I cannot find any information whether or not a health card constitutes as "issued by the Canadian Government". Does anyone know what qualifies as such?
did you find any luck answering this question , i'm sending my application tomorrow and couldnt find an answer as well?

thanks

schvpp1509

Feb 25, 2021
did you find any luck answering this question , i'm sending my application tomorrow and couldnt find an answer as well?

thanks
No, I believe this is a change that happened way too recently for someone to have gone through it yet-- I ended up using my passport and my province health card instead (I attached two copies of the passport, one as requested and the other as an ID piece). I received the AOR recently, so that seems to work.

Best of luck!