+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Personal and travel history - waiting to submit the application

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi,

I have some questions related to the personal and travel history. I worked in Belgium for couple of years with valid workpermit, during this tenure my wife accompanied me as dependent,

1. In personal history, though I worked in Belgium but it is the same Parent company from India. So, my personal history is not reflecting the activity in Belgium. Is this correct?

2. There is a question in Personal history form whether I have included all the organisations? This is only for the last ten years, right? because my education is 15 years old. I didnt mentioned that in the personal history

3. In my wife's personal history, I mentioned the travel to Belgium as a activity. Is this correct?

4. Additional to my work in Belgium, I did work in Canada as well. Do I need to mention these 2 travel in the travel history.

Appreciate your help!
Thanks

KlausKarp

Dec 5, 2016
Maple Ridge, BC
LANDED..........
9 July 2018
I just posted a related question (Preparing the Application Package - doubts/misrepresentations/inconsistencies). I'm sure ja_jamal and I are not the only people applying and being unsure of how to fit their personal situation in the pre-defined boxes and fields for application.

Example, I did an exchange student year in China - I see it neither as travel nor education (received no credits or degrees for it) - so where should I put it in order not to be "misrepresenting my past"? Ja_jamals Belgium experience is a similar situation for his and his wife's application information.

I guess the optional "Letter of Explanation" would be a place to clarify these things, but maybe the more experienced users in this forum can enlighten us. Thank you.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I put it in education

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
Thank you KlausKarp and astrasource.

Experts, do you have any feedback for my questions.

Thanks

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ja_jamal said:
Hi,

I have some questions related to the personal and travel history. I worked in Belgium for couple of years with valid workpermit, during this tenure my wife accompanied me as dependent,

1. In personal history, though I worked in Belgium but it is the same Parent company from India. So, my personal history is not reflecting the activity in Belgium. Is this correct?

2. There is a question in Personal history form whether I have included all the organisations? This is only for the last ten years, right? because my education is 15 years old. I didnt mentioned that in the personal history

3. In my wife's personal history, I mentioned the travel to Belgium as a activity. Is this correct?

4. Additional to my work in Belgium, I did work in Canada as well. Do I need to mention these 2 travel in the travel history.

Appreciate your help!
Thanks

1. Your personal history will not reflect your working in the same company as a different activity. However, you will have to explain this transfer in your Letter of Explanation. You will mention that I was transferred to Belgium under the same employment contract. That's is why your travel history reflects your Belgium travelling but your activity of Employment with the same employer continued and thus no change in activity.

2.It is for last 10 years. (but as long as you were not part of Military etc, Did not served as Govt employee such as Police, or you were not a part of the political associations) it should be N/A. Make sure you understand the question !!

3. Travel to Belgium is travel history. I don't remember all the activities in the drop down (Educational activity, Employment, unemployed,...) I think unemployed suits for her. And for what exactly she was doing "Accompanying you as a house wife while you were in Belgium"

4. Yes you have to mention all the travels in last 10 years

Good luck.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KlausKarp said:
I just posted a related question (Preparing the Application Package - doubts/misrepresentations/inconsistencies). I'm sure ja_jamal and I are not the only people applying and being unsure of how to fit their personal situation in the pre-defined boxes and fields for application.

Example, I did an exchange student year in China - I see it neither as travel nor education (received no credits or degrees for it) - so where should I put it in order not to be "misrepresenting my past"? Ja_jamals Belgium experience is a similar situation for his and his wife's application information.

I guess the optional "Letter of Explanation" would be a place to clarify these things, but maybe the more experienced users in this forum can enlighten us. Thank you.
O yes !! Use Letter Of Explanation to your advantage. Any doubts that would need clarification will be a part of your LoE. As I always say, use LoE to your advantage. Put your thoughts clearly, clarify situation using bullets, concise, precise, and to the point so as to clarify your position instead of making things more confusing for the officer. Take screen shots and put labels to them to show them what you exactly mean.

Good luck!