+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about passport request for COPR

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Hi I just wanted to check - I recently got asked to submit a photocopy of my passport to the London VO for my COPR, which I did - I sent a photocopy of my biopage, which they asked for. I was taking a look through the threads on here about COPR and passport requests, and seen that people are submitting photocopies of their whole passport even though they got asked for just the biopage. I'm now a bit confused. Is it photocopies of my whole passport I should've sent to them and not just the biopage which they requested -and would this present a problem that I only submitted my biopage?

Also I wondered - after I get asked for passport request, is that the decision finalised and approved? Since my myCIC still says decision not started yet, and background check still in progress.

I've read of people submitting fingerprints - will they ask for this later or is it just in certain circumstances?

Also how long do they take to issue the COPR after you submit your passport copy?

Thanks in advance. Sorry I know that's a lot of questions ::)

prashantmalik82

May 2, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
File Not Transferred
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
Awaited
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
Awaited
Med's Request
Awaited
Med's Done....
Awaited
Interview........
Awaited
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
I can tell you what happened in my case. The moment you get PPR which is a passport request, within a week they will update the status on CIC account and the decision will be in all probability be "Approved".

I am still waiting for my passport to come back and then I can confirm.

Regards

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I got PPR photocopies of bio page and any page stamped, that's enough for visa exempt countries.

If your request said only bio page, you should be OK, but looks like usually are requesting stamped pages too.

You can paste the email (without personal information) here to check it.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for this info prashantmalik82 and Gregor.Samsa, that's good to know. I'll keep checking my myCIC and see since I sent my copies off a week ago.

Here's what my letter asked for, for countries not requiring a visa to enter Canada :
'Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.'

And congrats too prashantmalik82, hope you get your COPR through soon.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
miss_mp said:
Thanks for this info prashantmalik82 and Gregor.Samsa, that's good to know. I'll keep checking my myCIC and see since I sent my copies off a week ago.

Here's what my letter asked for, for countries not requiring a visa to enter Canada :
'Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the valid passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.'

And congrats too prashantmalik82, hope you get your COPR through soon.
That's the standard procedure.

If you have a new/clean passport you have to submit only the photo page.

I sent photo page and several stamped pages

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
I do have two stamped pages, but hadn't sent them as I hadn't realised I needed to, since they only asked for the photo page. I hope it'll be okay, since they never mentioned about providing copies of the stamped pages.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
only the bio page is required. trust me, been there done that.

they'd have asked you for fingerprints before now if they wanted yours.

now yours will go to final approval. Unlikely that anything will go wrong now.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Thanks for the reassurance purplesnow, that's good to know and feel more assured :) I'll keep a lookout on myCIC and for the post :)