October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hey guys,
I originally got a medical done on 9/19/16, back when medicals were upfront, and originally sent in my application in January of 2017. Long story short, it was returned a few times, and my application ultimately was sent in 8/2/2017 with AOR received on 9/22/17.

When I sent it in on 8/2, I knew my medical would be expiring on 9/19, but there was a place on the form that stated if you had already gotten a medical done before the requirements changed, you should attach the form and physician's name, so I did, even though I figured they would probably just toss that info in the trash and request a new medical lol.

Now I'm a bit confused because my MyCIC just updated from "If you need a medical, we'll send you the information" or whatever it usually says at the beginning, to say "You passed the medical exam" today, 9/26. I never got a meds request (we haven't even received SA yet).

So my question is this: a) is this a fluke error that sometimes accidentally says you've passed the medical before you actually did; or b) did they accept my medical even though it had technically expired before I even received my AOR? And if so, how will that impact the expiration when I receive my COPR? Or c), are they just accepting it for now, but will probably ask me for a new one when I get closer to the end of the process, instead of the beginning like everyone else?

I've just never, ever heard of them accepting a medical that's expired so I'm a lil confused. Any insight is appreciated :)

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
If I remember reading correctly on this forum before.. CIC can actually apply to have your medical "extended".

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
If I remember reading correctly on this forum before.. CIC can actually apply to have your medical "extended".
I've read that before, too, but I've heard they are strict about it and it's usually in cases where like, they're issuing your COPR in July and your medical expires at the end of July, so they extend it so that your time to land isn't a crazy short window. Whereas my situation, I would be very surprised if they extended my medical considering it was already expired when I received my AOR.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Bump? I'm hoping one of the very experienced posters might be able to provide some insight (or just tell me this is a super weird situation and I need to wait it out ;))

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bump? I'm hoping one of the very experienced posters might be able to provide some insight (or just tell me this is a super weird situation and I need to wait it out ;))
It isn't a super weird situation and you need to just wait. Account updates aren't the most reliable thing. You will most likely be requested to do another medical further on in the process.

msemmz

Nov 16, 2016
Hey guys,
I originally got a medical done on 9/19/16, back when medicals were upfront, and originally sent in my application in January of 2017. Long story short, it was returned a few times, and my application ultimately was sent in 8/2/2017 with AOR received on 9/22/17.

When I sent it in on 8/2, I knew my medical would be expiring on 9/19, but there was a place on the form that stated if you had already gotten a medical done before the requirements changed, you should attach the form and physician's name, so I did, even though I figured they would probably just toss that info in the trash and request a new medical lol.

Now I'm a bit confused because my MyCIC just updated from "If you need a medical, we'll send you the information" or whatever it usually says at the beginning, to say "You passed the medical exam" today, 9/26. I never got a meds request (we haven't even received SA yet).

So my question is this: a) is this a fluke error that sometimes accidentally says you've passed the medical before you actually did; or b) did they accept my medical even though it had technically expired before I even received my AOR? And if so, how will that impact the expiration when I receive my COPR? Or c), are they just accepting it for now, but will probably ask me for a new one when I get closer to the end of the process, instead of the beginning like everyone else?

I've just never, ever heard of them accepting a medical that's expired so I'm a lil confused. Any insight is appreciated :)

Seems we are in the same boat as you. My husband did his medical Feb 2016 and we also had our application returned etc but finally was accepted June 2017. Currently My CIC also states "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. " When we received a letter requesting additional documents they had only requested Schedule A and Police Certificates.