+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Medical for CEC

Compel8127

Aug 23, 2023
Hi,

My question is regarding the temporary medical policy https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/exempt-ime-2022.html that omits the need of doing another medical if it was done during the last 5 years. Intricacies in the link above.

I have applied for the PR (AOR on 25 Aug, 2023). I had given my medical for the work permit application on December 29th 2020 from Pakistan. After the medical I went back to Germany for my job. My Canadian employer applied for my WP on Feb 6th, 2021 and got approval on Feb 28th, 2021. However, I entered Canada about a year later, on January 29th, 2022. I mostly stayed in Germany, but visited Pakistan multiple times. One of them was for 1.5 months. Do you think my medical would still be valid?

If so, what if I now leave for Pakistan while I wait for my PR. I would have to notify IRCC of my address change. Would I have to give medical again? I know that normally the medical exam results are only valid for 12 months and I guess they need to be valid even when you land in Canada. I might be wrong though.

Please advise!

Thanks in advance :)