+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Manitoba Health Care

pussmercs

Feb 6, 2016
Hello,

I'll be having my gallbladder surgery on November 30, 2016. During this whole 2016, I have been here for more than 6 months (which means I fulfilled my requirements). But I am planning to leave Manitoba in January 2017 for more than 6 months because I will be applying for a partner visa in Australia and i`ll be on a bridging visa, which won't allow me to exit the country not until i get my visa.

I am aware that I have to inform the Manitoba health care centre that i'll be leaving temporarily for more than 6 months without a definite date on when i'm coming back. My question is though: the gallbladder surgery that i'll be having on November won't be any problem right? it's because i'm doing it in 2016 and i'm going to leave in January 2017.

I'm just worried if i'll get charged for it or not coz i'm leaving in January.

Please help me out. I don't know if I am overthinking or not.

Thank you :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pussmercs said:
Hello,

I'll be having my gallbladder surgery on November 30, 2016. During this whole 2016, I have been here for more than 6 months (which means I fulfilled my requirements). But I am planning to leave Manitoba in January 2017 for more than 6 months because I will be applying for a partner visa in Australia and i`ll be on a bridging visa, which won't allow me to exit the country not until i get my visa.

I am aware that I have to inform the Manitoba health care centre that i'll be leaving temporarily for more than 6 months without a definite date on when i'm coming back. My question is though: the gallbladder surgery that i'll be having on November won't be any problem right? it's because i'm doing it in 2016 and i'm going to leave in January 2017.

I'm just worried if i'll get charged for it or not coz i'm leaving in January.

Please help me out. I don't know if I am overthinking or not.

Thank you :)
If you already met the eligibility requirements at least once, they can't cancel it back in time.

You should notify them when you move, see http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/mhsip/#Q11
I don't know if they cancel your coverage right away or after you have been gone for 6 months but if you are not going to be in Canada, you won't be using it anyway so it doesn't matter. If you move back to Manitoba, you can register again as a returning resident and get coverage again right away.