+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Mailing passports out to Buffalo

Max Power

Sep 23, 2006
Hi all

We got a request for passports from Buffalo. The consulate sent us a grey envelope to mail the passports out.

I want to include an prepaid express mail envelope along with the passports - The grey envelope seems too small to accomodate the USPS express mail envelope.

Any suggestions ? I really don't want to send the "soft" USPS cover. I would prefer to send the one made from cardboard.

One option is putting the grey envelope in a bigger one along with the prepaid USPS envelope - but can I do that ?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Max Power said:
Hi all

We got a request for passports from Buffalo. The consulate sent us a grey envelope to mail the passports out.

I want to include an prepaid express mail envelope along with the passports - The grey envelope seems too small to accomodate the USPS express mail envelope.

Any suggestions ? I really don't want to send the "soft" USPS cover. I would prefer to send the one made from cardboard.

One option is putting the grey envelope in a bigger one along with the prepaid USPS envelope - but can I do that ?

Thanks
From the CHC Buffalo site:

"Mailing Instructions

The security of your passport is important to us. We strongly encourage you to use United States Postal Service or Canada Post premium mail service. This allows you to track the delivery and return of your passports.

We will return passports to addresses in the USA or Canada only. If your current mailing address is not in the USA or Canada, please provide us with the complete name, address and telephone number of a relative, unpaid representative or an authorized representative in Canada or the USA to whom we can send your passports.

•If your address is in the USA, we encourage you to have your passports returned using the United States Postal Service's premium Express Mail service.

• Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number "

PMM

smvijay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2005
ETATS-UNIS
Max Power,

I have mailed the canadian embassy, my passports, four times now. All the time, I used the "soft" express mail envelope for sending with "flat-rate for return". since we got tracking for both directions, it is pretty safe. i never had a problem so far.

AMAH

Oct 28, 2014
Hi ALL,

I am about to send out my application as FSW, NOC 3111.
My query is that do I have to mention the NOC group (3111) on the envelope that I mail the application to CIO in Sydney? Please advice.
Regards