+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about landing

jaxon

Aug 19, 2010
I had some queries regarding landing.Hope somebody can help me....

i prefer to land in toronto first, apply for my PR card,then come back after one week.
Then after some time, wish to go back to alberta or BC to settle.Is it possible?

And my another question is i have heard that it takes 45 to 60 days for PR card to reach in the address we give.
So is that PR card required to enter to back into Canada again? If so my relatives or friends should send me.Hope somebody can help me.Thanks....

ucan

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas / CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied as FSW, you can use any point of entry to Canada for landing (except Quebec, up to some extent) and you can settle anywhere except Quebec. The only thing you need to have in mind when landing is the address where you want your PR card sent to.

You will need the PR card to re-enter Canada. If you need to leave the country before getting it, you have 2 choices: 1) Get somebody to send it to you via courier or mail, or 2) Apply for a one-time entry permit at the nearest consulate.

Check this thread: "LANDING IN CANADA ??? -All You Need To Know" (I don't know how to post links here, sorry)

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i prefer to land in toronto first, apply for my PR card,then come back after one week.
Then after some time, wish to go back to alberta or BC to settle.Is it possible?
>>>> Can land anywhere ( except quebec) and move any where also.

And my another question is i have heard that it takes 45 to 60 days for PR card to reach in the address we give.
So is that PR card required to enter to back into Canada again? If so my relatives or friends should send me.Hope somebody can help me.Thanks....

>> To re enter you will need PR Card, your friends / relatives can send you PR Card for re entry. At the time of landing dont say that you will return back soon and dont say the address given by you is not your permanent address.

arcticmaple

Star Member
Nov 18, 2010
why cant we settle in quebec? is it not a part of Canada? I dont understand why we cant settle in quebec after we get PR?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

arcticmaple said:
why cant we settle in quebec? is it not a part of Canada? I dont understand why we cant settle in quebec after we get PR?
You can, but you just can't "land" there without a CSQ. You can move to Quebec after you have landed.