+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about interview

Jialidia

Jan 11, 2014
hi, i finished my test this afternoon, passed. the interview went well and i was told within 3-5 months the oath letter will arrive. just one question to ask you guys here. During the interview, the officer went through my passport and checked off the correspondent entry or exit date on my residence caculator. For some of them, she checked 'I', some 'R', and some just a check mark. Did anybody know what this means? thank you!

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Jialidia said:
hi, i finished my test this afternoon, passed. the interview went well and i was told within 3-5 months the oath letter will arrive. just one question to ask you guys here. During the interview, the officer went through my passport and checked off the correspondent entry or exit date on my residence caculator. For some of them, she checked 'I', some 'R', and some just a check mark. Did anybody know what this means? thank you!
Just a heads up, I was told 4-6 months in January and I'm still waiting...

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
lidiajia said:
That's terrible. Did you call the CIC to check what's going on?
They just give me the usual "it may take up to 36 months, so you'll just have to wait"-spiel.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Jialidia said:
You got to be specific, which one he/she marked I or R or check mark?
Like US trip without departure stamp being marked R. Or air trip being marked I. Or home country trip being check mark, etc.
Btw, I don't have any idea what is I, R or check mark.

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
Hi BLT, I think the 'I' s are those I came back from abroad. Check marks are I left Canada . There is only one R, which is the trip to the states but no stamp on the passport.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lidiajia said:
Hi BLT, I think the 'I' s are those I came back from abroad. Check marks are I left Canada . There is only one R, which is the trip to the states but no stamp on the passport.
maybe I for International and R for Return (within the day trip)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
lidiajia said:
It's tough to predict. You should check out posts from other people who had their interview, with no-stamp US trip. IMO, if your passport needs a visa to enter Canada, then your PR card should be scanned when you entered Canada from USA, so CBSA should have the record. Did USA stamp your passport when you entered there?

lidiajia

Dec 14, 2012
BLT said:
It's tough to predict. You should check out posts from other people who had their interview, with no-stamp US trip. IMO, if your passport needs a visa to enter Canada, then your PR card should be scanned when you entered Canada from USA, so CBSA should have the record. Did USA stamp your passport when you entered there?
[/quote

No, the one marked as R has no stamp on the passport , I think it's because the I 94 card still valid.