20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
This sinister govt can do anything. Any new immigration minister can ask his department clerks to get him a list of naturalized Canadians living abroad, then revoke 5/10/100 citizenships on an annual basis, there is nothing to stop the minister from doing this based on days lived abroad.
Got to laugh at that paranoia thought. If you want to believe that nonsense, that's your right. Feel free to continue believing that.

I can understand your paranoia if Canada is like North Korea where there is no due process exist at all.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
CanadianCountry said:
This sinister govt can do anything. Any new immigration minister can ask his department clerks to get him a list of naturalized Canadians living abroad, then revoke 5/10/100 citizenships on an annual basis, there is nothing to stop the minister from doing this based on days lived abroad.
Does Manitoba check how many people left the province after coming to Manitoba via the Manitoba PNP? No. PRs have the right to move anywhere in Canada. Just like Citizens have the right to leave and enter Canada as they wish. It is under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 6. Unless that section somehow got rewritten, then all this fear is just over exaggeration. Intent is the key word and all you do is tell CIC as far as you know, you plan on staying in Canada. Then you can change your mind later. It's like the citizenship oath where to swear allegiance to the Queen. How many people do you think really mean it? And does that mean that you cannot (change your mind and) be anti-monarchy after you become a citizen? No. I swore my oath to the Queen but if I decided to change my mind and say "Canada should break clean of the Monarchy", I don't fear that CIC will come and try to take my citizenship away.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
screech339 said:
Got to laugh at that paranoia thought. If you want to believe that nonsense, that's your right. Feel free to continue believing that.
I don't know what is up with all these people. What are they really scared of? Geez.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
neutral said:
Again, it's too difficult to measure our intentions. My mother, it's 30 years since she has intentions of stop smoking....
And how many couples who vowed to stay together till "death do us apart" are apart long before any death?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
itsmyid said:
And how many couples who vowed to stay together till "death do us apart" are apart long before any death?
exactly. how many times do we state intent that turns out to be false later down the road? When you look at divorce rates here, the "till death do us part" oath obviously had no impact.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Screech,
Dude either Harper is your close buddy, or you are extremely naive. You come with unshaken belief that govt will always be on your side and will do no harm to you ever. Dude you need to wake up.

And for a fact. CIC in the past has kept tabs on people moving and staying out through CBSA. CBSA reports to CIC on such matters, so that CIC can pull the strings.

But you can keep dreaming and stay happy in your fantasyland.

screech339 said:

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Comparing Manitoba with Federal requirement is not a fair comparison at all.

A Canadian citizen turning against monarchy will not have any consequences is another naive comment. Take up arms against the queen, and join the Irish Republican Army, you will lose your citizenship in a blink of an eye.

This govt can go against the Charter if they need to, or even go on to change the Charter if they have to. I have zero trust in this govt.

keesio said:
Does Manitoba check how many people left the province after coming to Manitoba via the Manitoba PNP? No. PRs have the right to move anywhere in Canada. Just like Citizens have the right to leave and enter Canada as they wish. It is under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms section 6. Unless that section somehow got rewritten, then all this fear is just over exaggeration. Intent is the key word and all you do is tell CIC as far as you know, you plan on staying in Canada. Then you can change your mind later. It's like the citizenship oath where to swear allegiance to the Queen. How many people do you think really mean it? And does that mean that you cannot (change your mind and) be anti-monarchy after you become a citizen? No. I swore my oath to the Queen but if I decided to change my mind and say "Canada should break clean of the Monarchy", I don't fear that CIC will come and try to take my citizenship away.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
CanadianCountry said:
A Canadian citizen turning against monarchy will not have any consequences is another naive comment. Take up arms against the queen, and join the Irish Republican Army, you will lose your citizenship in a blink of an eye.
umm... there have been Canadians for a long time who are known IRA supporters and members. And they are still Canadian. And you have an entire province who have always been against the monarchy, openly campaign against the monarchy and don't even bother recognizing Victoria Day. They are all still Canadian.

You are already expert on Canada despite only living here a few years? Really... the person who is showing their naivety is you.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Keesio,
Oh then you are an expert?? Keep hallucinating.

Your comparisons show your inexperience. Can you list the names of Canadians who bombed the places that represent monarchy like the palace, British embassies, or other British establishments; and are still Canadian citizens. You wont have any names as there are none.

keesio said:
umm... there have been Canadians for a long time who are known IRA supporters and members. And they are still Canadian. And you have an entire province who have always been against the monarchy, openly campaign against the monarchy and don't even bother recognizing Victoria Day. They are all still Canadian.

You are already expert on Canada despite only living here a few years? Really... the person who is showing their naivety is you.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Can you list the names of Canadians who bombed the places that represent monarchy like the palace, British embassies, or other British establishments; and are still Canadian citizens. You wont have any names as there are none.
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?? You are wondering about people carrying out violent criminal acts? 99.99999999% of the people who are worried about this clause are only worried about if they move abroad for personal (non-violent) reasons, they might put there citizenship in jeopardy. But you are thinking about bombings and attacks? This is what is on your mind? you are in a tiny minority here then.

Did you know that there HAVE been attacks on Crown Corporations in Canada by Canadians and they still have their citizenship (well if they have only one, then that is another story). And of course you know (since you are clearly a long time expert of Canada) who these Crown Corporations represent and are affiliated with.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Keesio,
Whats wrong with you? Read your comments, you brought the topic of being anti-monarch into conversation.

Its your idea that being an anti-monarch will have no consequences towards loss of citizenship. Maybe your idea of being anti-monarch is ONLY talk. People who strongly feel against the monarchy may have more aggressive stand than just talk. Dont make statements which are half-truths that specifically fail if taken to the extremes.

My original comment is that its all in great likelihood that that CIC can yank citizenships on an annual basis based on the amount of time lived abroad.

keesio said:
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?? You are wondering about people carrying out violent criminal acts? 99.99999999% of the people who are worried about this clause are only worried about if they move abroad for personal (non-violent) reasons, they might put there citizenship in jeopardy. But you are thinking about bombings and attacks? This is what is on your mind? you are in a tiny minority here then.

Did you know that there HAVE been attacks on Crown Corporations in Canada by Canadians and they still have their citizenship (well if they have only one, then that is another story). And of course you know (since you are clearly a long time expert of Canada) who these Crown Corporations represent and are affiliated with.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Screech,
Dude either Harper is your close buddy, or you are extremely naive. You come with unshaken belief that govt will always be on your side and will do no harm to you ever. Dude you need to wake up.

And for a fact. CIC in the past has kept tabs on people moving and staying out through CBSA. CBSA reports to CIC on such matters, so that CIC can pull the strings.

But you can keep dreaming and stay happy in your fantasyland.
I know they keep tab on everyone. That isn't new at all. We all know that. Anyone that believed that government doesn't keep tabs is the one that's naive.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CanadianCountry said:
Keesio,
Whats wrong with you? Read your comments, you brought the topic of being anti-monarch into conversation.

Its your idea that being an anti-monarch will have no consequences towards loss of citizenship. Maybe your idea of being anti-monarch is ONLY talk. People who strongly feel against the monarchy may have more aggressive stand than just talk. Dont make statements which are half-truths that specifically fail if taken to the extremes.

My original comment is that its all in great likelihood that that CIC can yank citizenships on an annual basis based on the amount of time lived abroad.
As much as you like to believe that they can arbitrarily yank citizenship without a second thought, there is a thing called "dued process". We are not North Korea whereby decisions were made without a second though, no due process, nothing. I can understand the paranoia is you were from North Korea yourself.

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Maybe you are not getting the point. The citizenship will be yanked under a "due process". The revocations will not be arbitrary but instead based on a legal process. But there will be revocations under "intent to reside".

There are many ways for CIC to do this and now they have all the laws to do it. E.g. A person returning to Canada has to complete a CBSA Declaration card, where you mention the date you left Canada and the return date. If the date left was too in the past, the person will get flagged and reported to CIC for action. CIC can then begin to revoke the citizenship based on misrepresentation.

The law as it currently reads prevents applications on the way to airport. But the long term objective of this govt is to force people to stay longer and longer not just till the oath but longer. For it to make it happen the govt can and will anything in their power, even to add more provisions to this law to govern the intent post naturalization.

screech339 said:
As much as you like to believe that they can arbitrarily yank citizenship without a second thought, there is a thing called "dued process". We are not North Korea whereby decisions were made without a second though, no due process, nothing. I can understand the paranoia is you were from North Korea yourself.