+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about IMM0008 National identity .

Hayley1982

Apr 9, 2014
Hi Everyone one . I have a question hope anyone can give some answer or suggesting .

I am a Chinese . I have a National ID number in China . But is expired on 15th April 2016 .

Regarding this 0008 form . 1-They ask Do you have a national identity document? Yes or No
2- Document number . Country of issue . And Issue date . Expiry date .

PS: I already filled my passport documents.

Q1-Because is expired, can I filling No ?

Q2- what's the main reason they ask you for National Identity?

Thanks for your reading:)

lx0219

Sep 9, 2014
Q1 - You have to fill yes. Your ID card is expired but your ID is not. You can renew your ID card, the number is the same.

Q2- Do not guess the intent of questions. Just fill the form to the best of your knowledge.

Lu1968

Oct 30, 2022
Hi Everyone one . I have a question hope anyone can give some answer or suggesting .

I am a Chinese . I have a National ID number in China . But is expired on 15th April 2016 .

Regarding this 0008 form . 1-They ask Do you have a national identity document? Yes or No
2- Document number . Country of issue . And Issue date . Expiry date .

PS: I already filled my passport documents.

Q1-Because is expired, can I filling No ?

Q2- what's the main reason they ask you for National Identity?

Thanks for your reading:)
Hi sorry for replying after years, I ran into a similar situation where my 身份证 have expired and I'm currently in a rush to submit my Permanent Residence application. May I know if your expired ID became a problem? Did your application got returned because of it?