+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about goods to follow and goods accompanying.

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
I am the primary applicant and I will be settling in Canada. My wife will continue to work in the US after doing her soft landing. Both of us are planning to land next week together. My question is, can just one set of forms be submitted for goods to follow and goods accompanying as a family or does each person need a separate set since one of us is a settler and the other one is not?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am the primary applicant and I will be settling in Canada. My wife will continue to work in the US after doing her soft landing. Both of us are planning to land next week together. My question is, can just one set of forms be submitted for goods to follow and goods accompanying as a family or does each person need a separate set since one of us is a settler and the other one is not?
As far as I am aware, everything can be done on a single set of forms for your "goods accompanying" and for the existing shared "goods to follow", as you are "settling".

Your wife will need a second set of forms just for her "goods accompanying" and a "goods to follow" for anything else that she obtained after your shared "goods to follow" was filed, when she later enters as a Settler.

You will need to keep track of what is coming and when. It could get complicated...

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
Well, the plan is for me to just take my clothes and settle. I plan to declare everything else the furniture, household items etc as goods to follow and will be brought with my wife at a later date when she settles. We don't have any vehicles. So accounting should not be too hard.

Thanks for the answer.