+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about giving biometrics

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I'm applying for common-law sponsorship (I'm the PA) and I live in Canada on a temporary permit (IEC).
What's the deal with me giving biometrics? I know I can't do it in Canada, because the facilities don't exist yet (so helpful), so I'd have to leave the country to do it. BUT, I've been warned not to leave the country on an inland application because I can get turned away at the border.

I've also heard one mention on this site that I might not have to do it as I may be exempt (since I live in Canada and it may not be feasible to do it) but that might just be hearsay.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I'm applying for common-law sponsorship (I'm the PA) and I live in Canada on a temporary permit (IEC).
What's the deal with me giving biometrics? I know I can't do it in Canada, because the facilities don't exist yet (so helpful), so I'd have to leave the country to do it. BUT, I've been warned not to leave the country on an inland application because I can get turned away at the border.

I've also heard one mention on this site that I might not have to do it as I may be exempt (since I live in Canada and it may not be feasible to do it) but that might just be hearsay.
Yes, inland applicants are temporarily exempt. The information is mentioned on their website somewhere on one of the biometrics faq pages.

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Yes, inland applicants are temporarily exempt. The information is mentioned on their website somewhere on one of the biometrics faq pages.
Ah cool. Do you know if I have to apply for the exemption, or will they just not ask?