+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about financial sponsor

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
So I got into Memorial University of Newfoundland (YAY!) to move closer to my significant other.. All my family is in Texas, where I am from, but do not have the funds to support me. I have some saved up but it is still not enough to prove that I can support myself while there... My significant other wrote the letter as she has a great career and makes well over what I need to show... I had her write the letter of sponsorship with her past four months bank statements, T4 and proof of employment. Do you guys think it has a greater chance of getting denied if she says in the letter that she's my significant other or should she say that she's just a friend sponsoring my stay?

Thanks ya'll!

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
Another thing; Do I need to register for classes and go ahead and pay for them up front before I send off my visa information?

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
cdanielle29 said:
Another thing; Do I need to register for classes and go ahead and pay for them up front before I send off my visa information?
HI

I too have an offer from Memorial and they told me that "There is no need to pay tuition ahead of your arrival."

So if you can show up much funds, you don't need to pay fee before registering for the classes.

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
Okay awesome. Now do you know about my other question? I don't wanna get denied just because of my financial sponsor.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
U hv a very tricky situation
If u mention shez ur significant other ur in trouble bcz the burden wil b on u to show tht ur not going there to b wd her but to study and u wil leave after ur studies r completed ..which i think wil not b big problem as far as ur homecountry is concerned (im assuming by being frm texas u mean ur american national) but stil whos to say tht u wont just decide to stay wd ur partner after completing studies (or even if ur going to pursue ur studies once ur there)
If u say she is ur frnd n paying for ur studies thn u wil hv to prove tht she really wil support u bcz only blood relatives r seen as credible sponsors (just an affidavit frm ur sponsor who isnt blood related to u is not seen as...reliable source of funding)
If ur applying for fal seesion then i wld suggest to ask ur partner to transfer money to ur personal account n let it sit there for minimum 6 months..or atleast 3-4 months n then apply for a visa..its better to b careful while applying for the first time instead of showing them all ur bad cards in the first go n thn try to measure up in later attempts...
Its just my opinion based on xperience n research ..hope it helps

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
Problem is, I start in September so I can't let her transfer money and it just sit there. I am also going to write a letter of explanation to explain my family situation and home ties to my country, my mother almost dying two years ago from an infection inquired from having surgery being one of the reasons why I did choose nursing and another why I do plan to return to home once I am done studying. I just don't want to get denied and have to keep reapplying. I have over 12,000 Canadian dollars saved up in my own name but I know that's also not enough. Should I also send that with her stuff to make it look like I have tried saving on my own as well?

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
cdanielle29 said:
Problem is, I start in September so I can't let her transfer money and it just sit there. I am also going to write a letter of explanation to explain my family situation and home ties to my country, my mother almost dying two years ago from an infection inquired from having surgery being one of the reasons why I did choose nursing and another why I do plan to return to home once I am done studying. I just don't want to get denied and have to keep reapplying. I have over 12,000 Canadian dollars saved up in my own name but I know that's also not enough. Should I also send that with her stuff to make it look like I have tried saving on my own as well?
Can you try getting an education loan?
Or may be just may be borrow some money from your relatives/friends which can be used to get a GIC??

Because for a VO financial support dominates over everything.

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
I already got a loan for my first years tuition from my grandfather. He gave me almost 8,000 American dollars which translates into over 10,000 Canadian. Which is why she's gonna sponsor me for the remaining balance. Her annual salary is 130,000 CAD so she has plenty enough to support me. But I know it's going to look fishy with her being my significant other and sponsoring me. That's also why I was going to write out a letter of explanation.

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
Or is a T4 from my mother showing she has the salary to support me enough? Or do they need to see bank statements of hers too?

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
cdanielle29 said:
Or is a T4 from my mother showing she has the salary to support me enough? Or do they need to see bank statements of hers too?
HI
they would be needing pay stubs and 4-5 months bank statement.

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah I figured. I think I'm just gonna use the sponsorship from my partner and the letter of explanation and take my chances.... Although we plan on being married in time, I'd like to establish myself and career before jumping into that step.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
cdanielle29 said:
Yeah I figured. I think I'm just gonna use the sponsorship from my partner and the letter of explanation and take my chances.... Although we plan on being married in time, I'd like to establish myself and career before jumping into that step.
Alright Good Luck
Hoping to see you at memorial.

cdanielle29

Apr 10, 2016
I have written a letter of explanation with why I chose my major, my educational goals and why Memorial was the choice school and how it's going to help me coming back to my home country. I got into the Bachelors of Science program and have to do a year before applying to the nursing program. Since that's a hard major to get into and with my mother being sick as well as how high my SO's salary is, I'm hoping they will still approve it. If not, we are going to apply for the conjugal partner visa once it hits one year in August and hope it comes in time for me to go to school.

SandraRotaru

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Oh, you are in common law for one year? I see
So you have to be joint for a year to apply for such a visa? (I know its a bit off topic..sort of.. but bear with me :p )