+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about filling the application form?

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
I have been working in Canada for 3 years under the PGWP and it soons expires. My company has applied the LMO for me and hopefully get it by the end of Aug.
Right now I am still waiting for the PR to come, so I have to apply the TWP in order to continue to work legally in Canada.
I have questions about filling the form " Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada [IMM 1249]"

When answering the first Question in the form, I AM APPLYING for...Should I check "An initial WP or extension of WP"?

In Section D - My request
Should I check the box "extend my stay in Canada until yyyymmdd ," and "change conditions"?

What date should I put for the extension of the TWP?
Should I mention my situation to the officers too to let them know I am applying PR right now and I am in the middle of the process?

Also, do I need to do any medical exams for the extension of WP too?

I guess if I apply online, I just scan the application form and all the required documents in pdf forms and upload to my cic account. Am I right?

Thanks for your time.

GoldenArm

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
will apply at Port of Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Jul-2011 (LMO)
VISA ISSUED...
LMO received 09-Sep-2011
I would guess that you pick "extension of WP", but there are others on this board who are better equipped to answer than me.
I doubt you will need a medical exam is you are already there and working.

All I can say for sure is, I hope you applied more than 6 weeks ago if you want your LMO by the end of August! My company applied for mine on July 12th, still waiting...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ben8286 said:
I have been working in Canada for 3 years under the PGWP and it soons expires. My company has applied the LMO for me and hopefully get it by the end of Aug.
Right now I am still waiting for the PR to come, so I have to apply the TWP in order to continue to work legally in Canada.
I have questions about filling the form " Application to Change Conditions, Extend My Stay, or Remain in Canada [IMM 1249]"

When answering the first Question in the form, I AM APPLYING for...Should I check "An initial WP or extension of WP"? It's the same box :)

Should I check the box "extend my stay in Canada until yyyymmdd ," and "change conditions"? And write your reasons.

What date should I put for the extension of the TWP? date??
Should I mention my situation to the officers too to let them know I am applying PR right now and I am in the middle of the process? They will know without you mentioning it.

I guess if I apply online, I just scan the application form and all the required documents in pdf forms and upload to my cic account. Am I right?

Thanks for your time.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Job_Seeker.

Hi.
May I ask your help on filling the IMM 0008 or the generic form...What should I put on the dates being asked on the current country of reisdence? It says TO (dd/mm/yyyy) and FROM (dd/mm/yyyy). I do know what to put on the TO (which is my date of arrival here in canada, ryt) but on FROM, i dont know what to put.... and since it is electronnic filling (for bar-code generation), I cannot just simply put "current" or "presently" right?....So which one should I put? I dont want to take chances again here, specially this electronic thing....Thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Enter the date you're filling up the form (equivalent to the "present").

kcire said:
@ Job_Seeker.

Hi.
May I ask your help on filling the IMM 0008 or the generic form...What should I put on the dates being asked on the current country of reisdence? It says TO (dd/mm/yyyy) and FROM (dd/mm/yyyy). I do know what to put on the TO (which is my date of arrival here in canada, ryt) but on FROM, i dont know what to put.... and since it is electronnic filling (for bar-code generation), I cannot just simply put "current" or "presently" right?....So which one should I put? I dont want to take chances again here, specially this electronic thing....Thanks in advance.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ job_seeker.

thank you for the kind reply.
i spoke with a CIC agent regarding that question i asked you. what he told me is that i should put the date on my WP, the expiration date. but when i spoke with another agent, he told me the same thing as you told me (date of filling)....sometimes it is very hard to decide especially that there is no clear instruction in the guide.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ job_seeker

hello and good day! i hve another querry to make and hope that u can help
me here again.

im going to submit my papers for OWP/PR this year and i would like to know the requirements. yes, i did check the document checklist but i would like to know what else do i need to include because i hear lots of things that i need this and that.

ok, in the checklist it is asking for a police clearance. does this specifically mean
police clearance from outside canada? or do i still
need to have one from canada also?

then police clearance expiration. NBI clearance expires in a year and i have a police clearance also from uAE which is valid for only 3 months...since processing times now takes LONGER, what will happen to the clearance if it expired while the application is on process? Do i still
need to purnish another new clearance?

lastly, the deductions... i started working under LCP in september 2009...i do have a summary of my deductions from 2009 to 2010.... since i will be applying this year (2011), do i still need to provide a summary of my deductions this year? i know that T4 for 2011 will not be included since i dont have it yet.

thanking you in advance. good day.

ben8286

Jul 7, 2010
What date should I put when they asked me
"extend my stay in Canada until yyyymmdd"...should I put as many years as possible. I apply online and the year can go up to 2031.

ben8286 said:

When answering the first Question in the form, I AM APPLYING for...Should I check "An initial WP or extension of WP"?

Should I check the box "extend my stay in Canada until yyyymmdd ," and "change conditions"?

What date should I put for the extension of the TWP?
Should I mention my situation to the officers too to let them know I am applying PR right now and I am in the middle of the process?

Thanks for your time.

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
kcire said:
@ job_seeker

hello and good day! i hve another querry to make and hope that u can help
me here again.

im going to submit my papers for OWP/PR this year and i would like to know the requirements. yes, i did check the document checklist but i would like to know what else do i need to include because i hear lots of things that i need this and that.

ok, in the checklist it is asking for a police clearance. does this specifically mean
police clearance from outside canada? or do i still
need to have one from canada also? you dont need to apply police clearance in canada the CIC will get it themselves

then police clearance expiration. NBI clearance expires in a year and i have a police clearance also from uAE which is valid for only 3 months... UAE clearance and NBI should be valid within 6 months from the date you submit your PR/OWP applicationsince processing times now takes LONGER, what will happen to the clearance if it expired while the application is on process? Do i still
need to purnish another new clearance? doesnt matter how long the processing..as long the clearance is valid when you submit it

lastly, the deductions... i started working under LCP in september 2009...i do have a summary of my deductions from 2009 to 2010.... since i will be applying this year (2011), do i still need to provide a summary of my deductions this year? i know that T4 for 2011 will not be included since i dont have it yet.
yes. if you can submit the most recent statement of earning available to show you completed the 24 months or 3900 to qualify for PR as live-in caregiver
thanking you in advance. good day.

hope i answer your questions

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wsongco...thank you for the reply.

when filling up the generic form IMM0008 electronically, some of the questions is not applicable to me, say quebec number ( im in ON)...if you put NO answer and validate you will not be able to answer the next pertaining question right?! so is that fine not to put N/A after printing it and get the bar code? they said that we need to Put N/A to all answers that are not app to us or not to leave blanks. just making sure since this is electronic filling...i hope it doesnt have any glitch as to the online WP renewal before. thanks.

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys.

do you have the address for CIC to send the police clearance to be obtained here in Canada? thanks.