+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about family members in application

bingliusmart

Sep 14, 2009
Hi all:
I am filling out the form IMM 0008-Generic (Main application form) I'm confused about the family members part.
In the instruction guide it states that I have to include all my family members otherwise I will not be able to sponsor them in the future.

I'm married and I want to get immigration for my wife for now. But do I have to include both of our parents here? That'll be troublesome since I have to ask them for photos and they are not in Canada now.

So my question is if I don't include my wife and my parents for my immigration application, that means I cannot sponsor them to immigrate into Canada in the future? Or maybe by "family members" in this application it includes only you and your spouse?

Many thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On IMM 0008 it asks you to list your spouse and dependent children unless they are PR or citizen already. You must list them or it will be considered misrepresentation. You are however not supposed to list your parents on this form. Parents go on the additional family information form and you do not need their pictures.

The reason you need to list your children and spouse and get their medicals done, even if they are not coming with you initially is because children and spouse are exempt from the excessive demand on health care clause and will not be denied for that reason. Therefore they do not want you to apply for your immigration with a seriously ill spouse or children that you don't list or don't get medicals for but decide to sponsor later.

Your parents are in a different category. You can apply to sponsor them later but if they are deemed to cause excessive demand on health care, they can be refused.