+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Employment/Source of Income

Jeff1

Feb 6, 2021
I am a Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my American wife Permanent Residence, we are both in Canada after I started a new job here and we are applying from inside Canada for her Permanent Residence and an Open Work Permit for her.

I am confused about the Employment/Source of Income section in the Document Checklist. I have a contract with my employer stating the details of my work and salary that I am including. After that though it says

"or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Your most recent Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income Statement (Option C)"

Does that mean you only need to submit CRA documents if you are self employed? Or does everyone need to submit CRA documents?

Thank you for your help,

Jeff

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I am a Canadian citizen and I am sponsoring my American wife Permanent Residence, we are both in Canada after I started a new job here and we are applying from inside Canada for her Permanent Residence and an Open Work Permit for her.

I am confused about the Employment/Source of Income section in the Document Checklist. I have a contract with my employer stating the details of my work and salary that I am including. After that though it says

"or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA): Your most recent Notice of Assessment or Proof of Income Statement (Option C)"

Does that mean you only need to submit CRA documents if you are self employed? Or does everyone need to submit CRA documents?

Thank you for your help,

Jeff
Hi,

include a letter from your employer AND notice of assessment or option c from CRA. You must include both.

Reactions: Jeff1