+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about delaying citizenship test - Please advice

aaruni

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Hi,

Due to the already slow process for citizenship, I have returned to my country. I am a march 2020 applicant, some people are getting invites now.

Due to few personal reasons, its very hard for me to go in short notice of 30 days back to Canada to just give an online test, and also pay 2000$ mandatory quarantine fees. Can we request immigration for a later date or to delay test? due to personal circumstances? or they cancel the file if we don't go as per the original test date? How long can it be delayed if its possible?

Also, I have received fingerprint request, I am wondering if I can ask more time for providing fingerprint itself, instead of when I get the test date. Which one would be better? or I can request for both?

Thanks

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
This is what is specified in the INVITATION TO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE CITIZENSHIP TEST:

Rescheduling
 Contact IRCC within the 30 days from the test start date with a reasonable explanation for not attending or not completing the test. You can contact the IRCC office by emailing IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
 If you cannot complete the test during the 21 day period allowed, be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions that treat an application as abandoned if you do not contact IRCC with a reasonable explanation for not attending your test.
 If you cannot complete the test once it’s started or if you are disconnected and do not complete the test (e.g. network or computer issues or feeling unwell).
No idea about the FP, sorry.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

Due to the already slow process for citizenship, I have returned to my country. I am a march 2020 applicant, some people are getting invites now.

Due to few personal reasons, its very hard for me to go in short notice of 30 days back to Canada to just give an online test, and also pay 2000$ mandatory quarantine fees. Can we request immigration for a later date or to delay test? due to personal circumstances? or they cancel the file if we don't go as per the original test date? How long can it be delayed if its possible?

Also, I have received fingerprint request, I am wondering if I can ask more time for providing fingerprint itself, instead of when I get the test date. Which one would be better? or I can request for both?

Thanks
Tell them a date when you expect to be back in Canada so they can reschedule accordingly.

They can’t read your mind. They don’t know your plans unless you tell them, so inform them.

Reactions: aaruni and Hapique

VUPtoYOW

Star Member
Jan 14, 2018
Hi,

Thanks
I will be on the same boat, leaving the country for a while due to the delayed citizenship application (rather be with my parents & friends).

Please let me know how it goes for you.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Somebody on this forum said that it might be 4-6 months delay for new test after reschedule