+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about definition of second diploma or certificate. Please help!!

angelinazzy

Mar 29, 2020
Hi All,

I have a concern about the second certificate or diploma that could help me to get bonus scores in EE program, my current education is:
1. Canadian high school diploma
2. Canadian 4 year degree

I am wondering if this high school diploma would be counted as the second diploma credentials. Same on a ESL program certificate or a short term certificate. It seems that there are not much info to the definition of the second educational credentials.

also I've read this post, but it was from a while ago.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/

Hope anyone that knows or has added their second credentials to help me with my question! Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have a concern about the second certificate or diploma that could help me to get bonus scores in EE program, my current education is:
1. Canadian high school diploma
2. Canadian 4 year degree

I am wondering if this high school diploma would be counted as the second diploma credentials. Same on a ESL program certificate or a short term certificate. It seems that there are not much info to the definition of the second educational credentials.

also I've read this post, but it was from a while ago.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/eca-report-two-or-more-diploma-or-degree-option.401247/

Hope anyone that knows or has added their second credentials to help me with my question! Thank you!!
No - a high school diploma won't be counted as a second diploma. The diploma needs to be post secondary. An ESL program also will not count. If you want to take a certificate program that will count, you should be looking for a program that is at least 8 months of full time study.

angelinazzy

Mar 29, 2020
No - a high school diploma won't be counted as a second diploma. The diploma needs to be post secondary. An ESL program also will not count. If you want to take a certificate program that will count, you should be looking for a program that is at least 8 months of full time study.
ohhh thannk you!!!