+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about deadlines when submitting fingerprints.

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
So on 15 December I got a request to submit my fingerprints. I'm opting to do them at the local RCMP office because screw driving 2.5hr and taking time off work to go to the closest Commissionaries.

With that in mind, the request letter says I must get the fingerprints done within 30 days of the letter. Does that mean that IRCC have to RECEIVE the fingerprints within that timeframe, or could I theoretically get them done on day 29 and they'd get word that the FPs are on their way? I don't plan on doing it last minute of course, but I only have a couple weeks left

Additionally, if I do miss the deadline, would my application get scrapped?

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
When I called ircc to check the status and see if they have received my fingerprint the agent advised me to send the receipt that I got from the office via webform. That way they will have the proof that you have done the fingerprint even if the 30 days have passed.

Reactions: snoopyta

jetrel

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
When I called ircc to check the status and see if they have received my fingerprint the agent advised me to send the receipt that I got from the office via webform. That way they will have the proof that you have done the fingerprint even if the 30 days have passed.
I'll do just that, thanks