+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about CoPR and VOS for Citizenship

Rafaelchan002

Mar 8, 2016
well i lost my COPR when i moved to a different house and noticed that i was holding only the "Photocopy COPR" instead of the original one
my question is do i need to do a VOS(Verification of Status)? or do i just need to get the photocopy of COPR and explain what happened? or just pass the photocopy annd submit a VOS Application at the same time and just give to them once it came out??

im asking because VOS processing time is 6months and i dont think i can wait that long since my PR expires in May 2017 and i wanna pass my citizenship application before it expires

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Rafaelchan002 said:
well i lost my COPR when i moved to a different house and noticed that i was holding only the "Photocopy COPR" instead of the original one
my question is do i need to do a VOS(Verification of Status)? or do i just need to get the photocopy of COPR and explain what happened? or just pass the photocopy annd submit a VOS Application at the same time and just give to them once it came out??

im asking because VOS processing time is 6months and i dont think i can wait that long since my PR expires in May 2017 and i wanna pass my citizenship application before it expires
They will ask to bring the original COPR during test/interview. I think it would be good to apply for VOS. Please clarify with CIC call centre.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Rafaelchan002 said:

I would apply for VOS anyways, to have it just in case mine got 4 months to receive from the request date. 6 months seem to be max.