+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about citizenship application

IndiJones

May 26, 2004
We've (me, my wife & kid) already completed 3 yrs in Canada last May. We want to apply for citizenship. Now the problem is that our PR card already expired last October and I sent it for renewal by the end of February. Still haven't received any calls from the local PR office. Also I lost my landing papers for which I've applied in July the status of which is still pending. Now would it be advisable for me to apply for citizenship under these circumstances or should I wait for God knows how long for these documents to arrive and then apply. Thanks in advance!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
You only have to send copies of PR Card and copy of landing document (IMM5292) with the application. Plus a copy of your immigration visa + admission stamp from Immigration Canada on day you landed.
(You can include proof that you've applied for PR Card renewal and for another copy of IMM5292).

It is taking at least a year for files to get transferred to local offices for testing/interviews, etc so you have lots of time. By that time you will receive the PR Card and the COPR from CIC.
CIC checks that at time of test. So you can apply now if you qualify.

Check CIC website for details...