+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about citizenship application

Muns59

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Hi I am posting this question for my younger brother. He is currently applying for citizenship. He had made all the requirements and does not fall under any of the categories of prohibitions that I saw on cic website.
However in the application form Section 8.Prohibitions to Citizenship, subsection K, asks " in the past four years where you present in any other country other than Canada for at least six months (cumulative)?if yes to provide police certificate for each country.
He has been back to our home country each summer during University break plus other holidays accumulating more than six months total spent there in the last four years. Does this make him illegible to apply since it falls under the section prohibitions? I find this is such a silly time frame in a stipulation because 6 months over four years works out to an average of six weeks in your home country a year if u choose to visit your family every year.
Can someone please advise and explain this misunderstanding we may have. Thank you

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No prohibitions regarding eligibility of applying citizenship only requirement is to get the police certificate from home country & send with application.