+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about CIT 0002 question 13

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to include student status , that is not considered as permanent nature.
You will give details of your birth country Only.
I agree with you @ahmed5 . I too feel the same.

List only citizenship / PR.

Do not list Visitor/Student / Employment visas. They are immigration visas.

I don't know, who designed these forms.

Thanks

basemcci

May 10, 2019
No need to include student status , that is not considered as permanent nature.
You will give details of your birth country Only.
What if I applied to the Immgriation for USA throughout marriage and I got divorced before and I cancel the Immigration papers before I get the get the permanent ? Do I have to mention it in question 13

indigonation5

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
What if I applied to the Immgriation for USA throughout marriage and I got divorced before and I cancel the Immigration papers before I get the get the permanent ? Do I have to mention it in question 13
imo, not required. as you never actually held the immigration status in the first place, as you cancelled it before it got processed

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
A tourist visa is temporary visa also called a kind of a non-immigrant visa as you do-not immigrate using a tourist visa. The question asks whether the applicant has held an immigration status in any other country. Hence, to the best of my knowledge, you will not add a tourist visa details here, as it is not an immigration status.

Reactions: visa_4all

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
No, because you never had a PR status. You cancelled before your application was processed.

Reactions: visa_4all

ahmed5

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24 - 12 - 2014
Nomination.....
PER 21 - 03 - 2015
AOR Received.
11 - 05 - 2015
IELTS Request
8 ( send with application )
Med's Request
06 - 08 - 2015
Med's Done....
11 - 08 -2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 - 10 - 2015
VISA ISSUED...
18- 10 - 2015
LANDED..........
09 / 02 / 2016
any reason why they've included 'Visitor' in the dropdown in that case, if they do not require us to submit tourist visas?

Screenshot:
They gave other option as well. Maybe these is generic options that they generate for other applications as well , so they kept the options the same across all applications.

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
any reason why they've included 'Visitor' in the dropdown in that case, if they do not require us to submit tourist visas?

Screenshot:
Hi,

Visitor was not there in the Paper application. Now they have added in the online app.. Some of the applicants enquired from CIC and got reply that no need to list visitor/tourist.

Visitor/tourist visas is not immigrant / citizenship status.

You can see the drop down, a student / worker / visitor can also be a foreign national. Then which dropdown should be selected. redundant info.

So better to mention only citizen / PR status only.

Thank you

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
This is as per the instruction guide : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
  • Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
    • Check either yes or no.
    • If you check yes, complete the chart.
    • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
    • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
    • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

I think - student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen statuses are required to be reported in this question

Last edited:

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
My query is wrt USA employment for this question number 13.

I had worked for just one employer in USA and had received two i 797s.

For this question shall I put just one row with 'Date Obtained' as the day I landed in USA and the 'End date' as the day I moved to Canada from USA?
OR shall I put 2 rows as per the two i797s?

I landed in Canada in 2018 but my second i 797 was expired in 2019.

Kindly advise!

samzik

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Hi,

Visitor was not there in the Paper application. Now they have added in the online app.. Some of the applicants enquired from CIC and got reply that no need to list visitor/tourist.

Visitor/tourist visas is not immigrant / citizenship status.

You can see the drop down, a student / worker / visitor can also be a foreign national. Then which dropdown should be selected. redundant info.

So better to mention only citizen / PR status only.

Thank you
I submitted my application and i didn't include student visa. I already got AOR and test completed now am confused, should i submit my student visa via webform? Thank you.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
My understanding: VISA is not an immigration status whatsoever. It is an Entry VISA to the country allowing you to entry.

The term status has little in common with VISA. Sometime though a visa can be a status as well - but most likely when you have a status in other country you have some different document like a card showing your status etc.

Reactions: PMV

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi @upon, curious to know what details did you end up filling out for q13 in your app (whether you included visitor visas or not)? did you get AOR successfully and were you asked for additional docs? thanks