+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about changing program while waiting for Study Permit (Quebec)

Jun 24, 2021
Hi Friends,

Anyone has information about if it is possible to change the program (from a College, LEA.CV in BIG DATA, one year to a Master in University in INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY for two years) while waiting for Study Permit (Quebec)? I'm already have the CAQ, do I need to change that too?

I submitted my documents on March 8 (study permit for me and open work permit for my wife). She received approval on June, but I'm still waiting.

Over this year, my opportunities in information security started to grow, so this is the reason for the change.

Regards and Thanks!

Slds, Jorge

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Friends,

Anyone has information about if it is possible to change the program (from a College, LEA.CV in BIG DATA, one year to a Master in University in INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY for two years) while waiting for Study Permit (Quebec)? I'm already have the CAQ, do I need to change that too?

I submitted my documents on March 8 (study permit for me and open work permit for my wife). She received approval on June, but I'm still waiting.

Over this year, my opportunities in information security started to grow, so this is the reason for the change.

Regards and Thanks!

Slds, Jorge
When you intend to start your program? changing program now for fall may or may not delay your application. you can do so while application is on progress by updating information through webform. You may receive final decision even before they work on the web form, and that will make matter complicated

Jun 24, 2021
I originally submitted for a program that started on June this year but I expected that, because the decission passed the date, I would be able to extend the permission. The program I want to change to, will start on May 2022.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I originally submitted for a program that started on June this year but I expected that, because the decission passed the date, I would be able to extend the permission. The program I want to change to, will start on May 2022.
In that situation, update new LOA for May 22 and add explanation because decision took longer than the program start date and you applied on time. If you don't do anything, they may issue you with request for "purpose of travel" as program has started. that what I can think of