+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question About changing flight on your home country

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi everyone , I just look for a similar thread but I couldn't see something like that and wanted to open up a new one.so me and my wife are protected person here and our kids are canadian citizens ..my question is; we are willing to go to a holiday on 2022 summer.and this country is some place where I can only reach from one of my country's international Airport.. so basically we will go to an airport but there won't be any stamp or no entry to my own country..we will just change flights in the airport..is that possible ? Or it will cause any problem to me or to my wife . As I said before this is the only way that we can reach to that destination.. there won't be any entry to my home country and there will be no stamp as well . I'll be so happy if you guys can advice me ,thanks in advance

Reactions: Lolly smiles

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone , I just look for a similar thread but I couldn't see something like that and wanted to open up a new one.so me and my wife are protected person here and our kids are canadian citizens ..my question is; we are willing to go to a holiday on 2022 summer.and this country is some place where I can only reach from one of my country's international Airport.. so basically we will go to an airport but there won't be any stamp or no entry to my own country..we will just change flights in the airport..is that possible ? Or it will cause any problem to me or to my wife . As I said before this is the only way that we can reach to that destination.. there won't be any entry to my home country and there will be no stamp as well . I'll be so happy if you guys can advice me ,thanks in advance
You cannot travel to your home country at all, even just to transit. While there may be no stamp, other records exist (e.g. airline records). You'll be putting yourself at risk of cessation (i.e having your citizenship refused when you apply and your PR status revoked). Is there some chance IRCC won't find out? Sure, there is some chance they won't find out. But of course also a chance they will. It comes down to whether or not you're willing to put your PR status in Canada at risk to take the trip. If you do as planned, there's a chance this may result in the loss of your PR status.

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
If any chance I call the IRCC or CBSA and to just make sure if it's possible or not ? Because they are the ones who is in charge and know all the details..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If any chance I call the IRCC or CBSA and to just make sure if it's possible or not ? Because they are the ones who is in charge and know all the details..
Sure, you can certainly call them if you want to. The IRCC call centre is pretty useless for all but the most basic questions. So I personally would not rely on anything they say. But entirely your choice.

Reactions: jasonsoy

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Sure, you can certainly call them if you want to. The IRCC call centre is pretty useless for all but the most basic questions. So I personally would not rely on anything they say. But entirely your choice.
But there should be some1 to give us a certain information!! Shouldn't be?? I'm going to call them and see what they'll say.. while we are talking about these trips , do you mind if I ask you a question about a visa requirement for rtd .. do you have any idea about a visa for south Cyprus? Do we need a one or it is a visa free ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But there should be some1 to give us a certain information!! Shouldn't be?? I'm going to call them and see what they'll say.. while we are talking about these trips , do you mind if I ask you a question about a visa requirement for rtd .. do you have any idea about a visa for south Cyprus? Do we need a one or it is a visa free ?
Would get something in writing. Entering a airport in a country is under their jurisdiction. I assume you may be talking about Turkey. Fly from Europe to southern Cyprus. Simple solution. Would also be careful visiting northern Cyprus which is under Turkish control. That also could create issues with your status in Canada.

jasonsoy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Would get something in writing. Entering a airport in a country is under their jurisdiction. I assume you may be talking about Turkey. Fly from Europe to southern Cyprus. Simple solution. Would also be careful visiting northern Cyprus which is under Turkish control. That also could create issues with your status in Canada.
Northern Cyprus is our destination, but that's another country not controlled by Turkey on the paper . They have their own prime Minister etc. It shouldn't be a problem as I believe.. I can get a visa for Southern Cyprus easily and its 15 minutes to get Northern side of the island ..which I studied there for 8 years :) and also you can enter Northern side just with Turkish ID card not with the passport..and they don't put you in the system ,they just give you a paper and stamp it as a visa .. im so mixed-up about what to do ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Northern Cyprus is our destination, but that's another country not controlled by Turkey on the paper . They have their own prime Minister etc. It shouldn't be a problem as I believe.. I can get a visa for Southern Cyprus easily and its 15 minutes to get Northern side of the island ..which I studied there for 8 years :) and also you can enter Northern side just with Turkish ID card not with the passport..and they don't put you in the system ,they just give you a paper and stamp it as a visa .. im so mixed-up about what to do ..
The fact that you can use your Turkish ID card to enter Northern Cyprus is exactly why I would not recommend entering Northern Cyprus. First of all you can’t use your Turkish ID or any ID from your home country. If you have sought safety from Turkey you would be in danger in Northern cyprus.

Nadal88

Sep 22, 2021
The fact that you can use your Turkish ID card to enter Northern Cyprus is exactly why I would not recommend entering Northern Cyprus. First of all you can’t use your Turkish ID or any ID from your home country. If you have sought safety from Turkey you would be in danger in Northern cyprus.
Canuck78 haw are you lady?
Credit check is affect the refugee claim