+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Canadian work experience

khaclub

Nov 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a question about counting my work experience. I came to Canada by study permit, and in the last semester, it was for the co-op but I got waived because I had industry experience. However, I got the final completion letter by the end of that semester. During that time, I was doing a 20 hours part-time job.
My question is when I am creating Express Entry application, there is an option asking "study full-time while doing it". I choose No to declare for the hours I worked during this semester. Then, I got eglibility for CEC and FSW for 1 year of work experience although that time I haven't had the work permit yet. As I read from the website, it makes sense if I am not eligible for CEC yet, but for FSW I think it is. Could you please help me clarify it?
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I have a question about counting my work experience. I came to Canada by study permit, and in the last semester, it was for the co-op but I got waived because I had industry experience. However, I got the final completion letter by the end of that semester. During that time, I was doing a 20 hours part-time job.
My question is when I am creating Express Entry application, there is an option asking "study full-time while doing it". I choose No to declare for the hours I worked during this semester. Then, I got eglibility for CEC and FSW for 1 year of work experience although that time I haven't had the work permit yet. As I read from the website, it makes sense if I am not eligible for CEC yet, but for FSW I think it is. Could you please help me clarify it?
Thank you.
I'm confused by some of the information in your post.

However for the purposes of CEC, you can only start counting work experience once you submit the PGWP application. So you need one year of full time work experience from the date you applied for a PGWP to qualify for CEC. Any time before that does not count.

khaclub

Nov 19, 2021
I'm confused by some of the information in your post.

However for the purposes of CEC, you can only start counting work experience once you submit the PGWP application. So you need one year of full time work experience from the date you applied for a PGWP to qualify for CEC. Any time before that does not count.
Thank you for your reply. But I try to apply for FSW, not CEC.