+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about application to spousal sponsor

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
Hi, everyone. My husband and I are working on the application and planning to send it out this month. I am a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband. We are currently living in HK. We have been married for 6 years. I am not sure if I am eligible to sponsor my husband. I have a question regarding form IMM1344. Hope there's someone who can help me. Thanks! :)

Question 7a: If you are a naturalized Canadian citizen, provide the date on which you obtained the status. As shown on my citizenship card, it only shows the year I obtained this status. How can I find out the month and date?

Question 7b: What is UCI? If I haven't applied before, I won't have UCI, is that right?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
If you have not had any dealings with CIC, no UCI, so leave it blank.
for your date - do you have any other record? if not, then put the date and add a note to CIC that you can not remember the exact date and they should have it on the records.

Otherwise, if you a a canadian citizen and married, and no criminal history and not on welfare, you are probably eligible to sponsor your husband... canadians can be outside of Canada for the whole process, only PRs need to be in Canada.
Good luck,
Sweden

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
About the medical examinaton, should my husband do this after sending out the application (until Visa office asks him to do so) or before that? Since the examination result is valid for 12 months right?

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
shanchu said:
About the medical examinaton, should my husband do this after sending out the application (until Visa office asks him to do so) or before that? Since the examination result is valid for 12 months right?
Medicals should be done before and the Form should be sent with the application.....

shanchu

Jan 17, 2013
We are now filling in the forms and come up with another question.

I am sponsoring my husband and we don't have any children, do we need to fill in the form IMM5406 (Additional Family Information)? Thanks a lot! :)

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
shanchu said:
We are now filling in the forms and come up with another question.

I am sponsoring my husband and we don't have any children, do we need to fill in the form IMM5406 (Additional Family Information)? Thanks a lot! :)
Yes you should fill the additional family information IMM5406 details of the applicant.This is for the future if the applicant wants to sponsor any of his/her family for PR.....