+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Alberta tech PNP

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi Guys,

If i am on a closed work permit in ontario and i get a permanent job offer from alberta from an another company, would i be eligible to apply for accelerated tech pathway? Not sure of this process, please someone share your thoughts?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

If i am on a closed work permit in ontario and i get a permanent job offer from alberta from an another company, would i be eligible to apply for accelerated tech pathway? Not sure of this process, please someone share your thoughts?
Are you going to get a new work permit and relocate to Alberta?

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Yes. So, i not only need a job offer, i need to get new work permit done to be eligible for the pathway program? P.S. I also in the express entry pool and since the chances of getting PR is getting dry as i am in the 480's, I am exploring other venues which gives me best possible chances.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. So, i not only need a job offer, i need to get new work permit done to be eligible for the pathway program? P.S. I also in the express entry pool and since the chances of getting PR is getting dry as i am in the 480's, I am exploring other venues which gives me best possible chances.
The issue is that you are living and working in Ontario. In order to be certain you'll be approved through an Alberta pathway, you need to show an intent to reside there. Right now it may appear as if your intention is to reside in Ontario and you're just using the Alberta job offer in order to get PR (but have no plans to live there). So this might be doable, but at some point in the process, you may have to show much more direct evidence of intent to reside (i.e. actually show that you've moved to Alberta or are making concrete plans to do so - e.g. have rented or purchsed a property there, etc.). Right now all you would have is the job offer in Alberta. Your ties to Ontario are much much strong. Ontario is where you are living and working. Think about this from Alberta's perspective and how this will look on paper. That's what you'll need to overcome.

Reactions: krishislegend

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Got it, thanks a lot for your suggestions. Really appreciate it and you have made clear to me what my plans should be and of course, I do have plans to move to Alberta as well.

sarfaraz94

Jul 5, 2022
Hello everyone, for Alberta tech pathway if my NOC code is of 22221 - User Support Technician and my employer NAICS code is of 5413 - Architectural, engineering and related services both being in the list of eligible occupation and employer would I be able to apply for the tech pathway program. I say this because my occupation is of a user support and my employer's major work focus is engineering and construction job. I have an express entry profile with a score of 478 eligible under CEC. Would appreciate any response.

Ravitejam276

Feb 25, 2023
Alberta tech path way:

My noc code is 21231,
My salary is 35$ per hour am I eligible can any one reply plz.

it was mention that an applicant does not have an LMIA, their job offer wage must meet or exceed the starting wage for their occupation across all industries in Alberta.