+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about Alberta tech pnp

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
I am working in Ontario on a closed work permit
Will moving to Alberta on the same work permit help in getting a PNP nomination from Alberta ?

The employer will not give a job offer but I have the option to move to Alberta and continue working in the same job

Does tech pathway for Alberta PNP requires a job offer or if you working in Alberta is enough

my crs is low in 400s so I don’t think I can get a Ontario PNP

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am working in Ontario on a closed work permit
Will moving to Alberta on the same work permit help in getting a PNP nomination from Alberta ?

The employer will not give a job offer but I have the option to move to Alberta and continue working in the same job

Does tech pathway for Alberta PNP requires a job offer or if you working in Alberta is enough

my crs is low in 400s so I don’t think I can get a Ontario PNP
If you want to go through the accelerated tech pathway, your job itself would need to be located in Alberta. A closed work permit for a job in Ontario won't meet that requirement. Your work permit is connected to Ontario.

Reactions: neo69

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
If you want to go through the accelerated tech pathway, your job itself would need to be located in Alberta. A closed work permit for a job in Ontario won't meet that requirement. Your work permit is connected to Ontario.
no my work permit says I am authoritized to work anywhere in canada and my company has an office in Alberta so I have the option to relocate and work from Calgary

so my question is will this move help ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
no my work permit says I am authoritized to work anywhere in canada and my company has an office in Alberta so I have the option to relocate and work from Calgary

so my question is will this move help ?
Got it. In that case this will work if your employer has operations in Alberta and is willing to state that your job is located in Alberta.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Got it. In that case this will work if your employer has operations in Alberta and is willing to state that your job is located in Alberta.
what do u mean state that Job Is in Alberta?
Thy don’t give any such letter but I will have my payslips etc to prove I am working in Alberta

employer will not provide any doc to support a pr application

what doc would I need from the employer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what do u mean state that Job Is in Alberta?
Thy don’t give any such letter but I will have my payslips etc to prove I am working in Alberta

employer will not provide any doc to support a pr application

what doc would I need from the employer?
Your employer will need to provide an experience letter or job offer letter. That letter should list the location of your job as Alberta.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Your employer will need to provide an experience letter or job offer letter. That letter should list the location of your job as Alberta.
Thanks for the help

The reason I am asking this is cos Ontario PNP doesn’t give any weightage if you are working in Ontario

but if Alberta gives additional points for working in Alberta without a job offer then it can help my case

if my understanding is wrong then moving to Alberta will not help in any way for a PNP nomination

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The reason I am asking this is cos Ontario PNP doesn’t give any weightage if you are working in Ontario

but if Alberta gives additional points for working in Alberta without a job offer then it can help my case

if my understanding is wrong then moving to Alberta will not help in any way for a PNP nomination
You need a letter from your employer. That's really a mandatory requirement to prove you are working somewhere even if you don't want to claim the job offer points. Is your employer not willing to give you any letter at all? You should at a minimum be able to obtain proof of employment from your employer. I thought that they were legally required to provide that. Maybe request that from HR and see what they give you?

What does your original job offer letter from them state? Does it list a location? You need something from your employer apart from the pay slips.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
You need a letter from your employer. That's really a mandatory requirement to prove you are working somewhere even if you don't want to claim the job offer points. Is your employer not willing to give you any letter at all? You should at a minimum be able to obtain proof of employment from your employer. I thought that they were legally required to provide that. Maybe request that from HR and see what they give you?

What does your original job offer letter from them state? Does it list a location? You need something from your employer apart from the pay slips.
my current job letter shows location as Ontario
But if I decide to relocate to Alberta they will give me new job letter so that’s not a problem

I can also get proof of employment

my question is can I get a Alberta PNP based on this alone
Does working alone in Alberta help to get a PNP nomination?

To claim points for job offer you need a need a job offer which they won’t give

They don’t give a job offer even if you are working as they need to get a LMIA -
Closed work permits don’t need LMIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
my current job letter shows location as Ontario
But if I decide to relocate to Alberta they will give me new job letter so that’s not a problem

I can also get proof of employment

my question is can I get a Alberta PNP based on this alone
Does working alone in Alberta help to get a PNP nomination?

To claim points for job offer you need a need a job offer which they won’t give

They don’t give a job offer even if you are working as they need to get a LMIA -
Closed work permits don’t need LMIA
OK - so that's good. You can get a new proof of employment letter. I think this will be important given your original job offer listed Ontario as your employment location. So it sounds like you should have proof that you are working in Alberta.

I don't know if this alone will be enough to get a PNP nomination. You can give it a try.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
OK - so that's good. You can get a new proof of employment letter. I think this will be important given your original job offer listed Ontario as your employment location. So it sounds like you should have proof that you are working in Alberta.

I don't know if this alone will be enough to get a PNP nomination. You can give it a try.
Thanks may someone be else will be able to advise

I don’t want to move if it’s not goin to help getting a Alberta PNP

Reactions: Belta

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
Thanks may someone be else will be able to advise

I don’t want to move if it’s not goin to help getting a Alberta PNP
Hi, I’m in a similar situtation but on an open work permit. My employer would accept a relocation to any province as it’s running countrywide.
Were you able to figure this out? Could you please share your experience. It would definitely be a great help.
Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I’m in a similar situtation but on an open work permit. My employer would accept a relocation to any province as it’s running countrywide.
Were you able to figure this out? Could you please share your experience. It would definitely be a great help.
Thanks!
If your employer has an office in Alberta then ask for a new job letter with transfer to Alberta. What is the NOC? This doesn’t guarantee PR.

Belta

Nov 13, 2023
If your employer has an office in Alberta then ask for a new job letter with transfer to Alberta. What is the NOC? This doesn’t guarantee PR.
Thanks for the response!
My current NOC code is 2171 - IT Systems Analyst/Consultant but my work place is not on NAICS which is making me consider to move to some other province. Before that I wanted to clarify if an enrollment letter could be used with the updated job location instead of job offer as I’ve been working here for a while.
My current crs score is 431 with 1 year of full time experience.
Thinking of Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Newbrunswick to relocate.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response!
My current NOC code is 2171 - IT Systems Analyst/Consultant but my work place is not on NAICS which is making me consider to move to some other province. Before that I wanted to clarify if an enrollment letter could be used with the updated job location instead of job offer as I’ve been working here for a while.
My current crs score is 431 with 1 year of full time experience.
Thinking of Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Newbrunswick to relocate.
If not on NAICS then employer not eligible. You may be eligible just through the EE stream or through AOS since employer is located in Alberta. So you are going to look for another job in one of those provinces or stay with employer. Where does your employer have offices?