+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about airport meeting the officers

Kampnue66

May 14, 2013
hi every one and thaks for the support

my question is that when reaching airport will the officer be able to know when was the last entry for the person ? will he be able to know when the last exit was ?

i have a friend who outisde and when decided to settle in canda just a year before PR expire they asked him how long you have been out and said just two week to attend some wedding and they didnt telll him any thing . he avoided a trouble and eventually his aim is to settle for good.

from the posts i read here it seems officers not really know when was the alst exit or even the last entry , please let me know how true is that or if there is any information about that .

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Kampnue66

May be your friend good this time but he could be in trouble once he applied for PR card or Citizenship, they would ask for all documents for the period he said he was in Canada.

Kampnue66

May 14, 2013
Dear Hasher

But he is not intending to renew the PR before he stay one year more after PR expire , questions :
1- will he still face problems that way
2- if one year left before expiry of PR. Do officers allow people in if they tell truth about how long been out ??(4 years)
3-how officers will know if he say something else like 2 months out only ?
4- if they report him what proofs he requires to get out of that if it was for health reasons

Sorry for making it long

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kampnue66 said:
Hi dears

May i get an answer for above partv
There is no black and white answer. Sometimes they know and sometimes they don't. For every story where immigration didn't know - someone else has a story where they did. They knew about all of my husband's exits and entries even though he didn't have stamps for most of them. Several of my friends had similar experiences.

If you lie and get caught - things will probably go badly for you. Your choice.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kampnue66 said:
hi every one and thaks for the support

my question is that when reaching airport will the officer be able to know when was the last entry for the person ? will he be able to know when the last exit was ?

i have a friend who outisde and when decided to settle in canda just a year before PR expire they asked him how long you have been out and said just two week to attend some wedding and they didnt telll him any thing . he avoided a trouble and eventually his aim is to settle for good.

from the posts i read here it seems officers not really know when was the alst exit or even the last entry , please let me know how true is that or if there is any information about that .
Assume they know and answer their questions truthfully...don't be like the couple from Montreal who pretended to have been on a 2 week vacation at airport re-entry when in reality they had been absent from Canada for several years. The CBSA agent decided to ask them general questions about the city and their route to work...its hard to make up directions if you don't really live in the place. They are enjoying jail time and a CDN 250K fine.

Canada's PR requirement of 730 days in 5 years (not even 50%) is surely the most lax in the developed world yet PRs repeatedly ignore the Residence Obligation for no obvious reason other than a lifestyle choice which begs the question why they applied for PR in the first place. If CIC ever move the goal posts by shortening PR Card validity to 3 years then its going to be D-day for many.