+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 9a, 9b and Q11 - Appreciate courtesy of response

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I’ll sign my application on Nov 30 2017, and based on the link below the eligibility period must be Nov 30 2012 – Nov 29 2017 (refer answer 2)
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do;jsessionid=E9B8B5678ACC903306A9B00C54F4AD23?redir=faq
However, my online calculator shows eligibility period as Nov 30 2012 – Nov 30 2017.

Question 9 a): What time period should I include as my eligibility period; the one according to online calculator or the one according to the link?

Question 9 b): In the table, what should be the PR status expiry date; the date we sign the application or the actual date it will expire? My thoughts are to use the latter but open for suggestion from members on this forum who have received AOR.

Question 11: I have been with one employer since Nov 2012, so I guess that would be my only entry in the Table. I shouldn’t include any travel (leisure) that I have done over my eligibility period, correct?
Also, the “TO” date for that employer; would it be the sign date since I can't choose present like in question 10?

Question 11: For my wife, she was unemployed for couple of months; my instinct tells me to put down our home address for physical location but for all other fields (except the dates), would you suggest
- I put N/A, in particular contact/phone number/email address, or
- I put in my contact details?
I can't think of any other option.

Thanks

Johnboy

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
Hi, here are my suggestions

Q 9 a) Use the period indicated by the online calculator. This period will also be shown in the printout from the calculator.

Q 9 b) This is not PR status expiry. It is most likely to be the expiry of your temporary status, e.g. work permit. It is the date before you became a PR. This is what I used and I have recently received my AOR

Q 11) Do NOT include any travel/vacation addresses in this answer. The electronic version of the form I used allowed me to enter PRESENT for the To date.

Q 11) Answering for your wife. I too was unemployed, I entered my home address, and contact detail. This appears to be ok since I have received AOR.

Reactions: vasvas