+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question 13) - what If I had Australian PR

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Hi There,

For the Question 13) Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

I had an Australian PR, but I never lived there. So technically I was never a resident of Australia. Do I think I need to mention this on the form? I don't want to make things more complicated.

Also for my country of birth I am putting my birth date as "Date obtained" and leaving the "End Date" as blank. Is that correct?

Instruction sheet details for quick reference:
Question 13.
Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

TIA

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
Hi There,

For the Question 13) Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)

I had an Australian PR, but I never lived there. So technically I was never a resident of Australia. Do I think I need to mention this on the form? I don't want to make things more complicated.

Also for my country of birth I am putting my birth date as "Date obtained" and leaving the "End Date" as blank. Is that correct?

Instruction sheet details for quick reference:
Question 13.
Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

TIA
You must declare your all citizenship and residence status regardless whether you have lived there or not.
This will help you to avoid any potential issue at the later stage.

Reactions: americandesimd

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
You must declare your all citizenship and residence status regardless whether you have lived there or not.
This will help you to avoid any potential issue at the later stage.
Now that I will be putting this information.
I had done landing for a day in Australia and came back. Shall I put this as Other and mention 'Landing purposes' in comments as a separate row? or the 5 years validity period row of Australian PR should take care of it?

Thanks