+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question-11, 13 & 15 - Canadian Citizenship Application (CIT0002E)

Abdulmobin

Dec 9, 2017
Anyone applying for Citizenship? Wondering if someone can answer me for the following 3 questions on CIT0002E application - Question # 11, 13 and # 15.
Question # 11 - They want to know my past employment and education history during my eligibility period. However, during that period, I've been to India few times. For the "Physically address" should I give them my home address in India or leave the rest empty?
Question # 13, (I was born in India) Country = India, Status = Citizen, Date obtained/Effective Date = ?? , If the status is valid indicate "Current" = Current. My question is "Date obtained" as in when I received my passport the first time?
Question # 15, I did receive my diploma here in Canada. Should I attach a copy of my diploma and/or transcripts? And my 12th and 10th grade marks sheet which I did in India?

Thank you very much !

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
11) Only list your Indian address if you actually worked/studied there . A holiday in India should only be listed in the presence calculator.
13) If your parents are Indian, you were Indian since your day of birth, and you should put that. In all cases, you were Indian before you got a passport.
15) Feel free to send the copy of both your Canadian diploma and transcripts. That's what I did. Also, your Canadian degree should be a strong enough proof of langage, no need to add your Indian grade marks, but if you want to send them, do so, it probably won't change anything in the treatment of your application :)

Good luck!!

mediyaone

Apr 15, 2018
Hello,

I'm having problem to answer question #15 about Language evidence in form cit 0002 e.
In this section,there is 3 options a,b and c.
Normally if I answer Yes for option a there is no need to answer to other options.Am i right?
Please someone confirm if I'm right.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello,

I'm having problem to answer question #15 about Language evidence in form cit 0002 e.
In this section,there is 3 options a,b and c.
Normally if I answer Yes for option a there is no need to answer to other options.Am i right?
Please someone confirm if I'm write.

Thanks!
I answered no to those b and c questions and I'm canadian now...
It's most probably OK to leave them blank, but if you want to be 100% sure, just do the same :)

Reactions: mediyaone

mediyaone

Apr 15, 2018
Thank you so much for reply :)
In question 11 when I fill unemployed as occupation should I give home address for question where you physically located?
Also, if there is overlap of 3 months between a part time English class and full time French class, it is acceptable?

Thanks for your answer

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
In question 11 when I fill unemployed as occupation should I give home address for question where you physically located?
Also, if there is overlap of 3 months between a part time English class and full time French class, it is acceptable?

Thanks for your answer
Either put your home address or leave it blank (or put n/a), they'll figure it out either way :)
And overlap is OK, you only need to make sure there's no gap!

Reactions: mediyaone

mediyaone

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I need urgent help!
My previous passport will be expired on May 4th, I already have paid for a family of 3 for citizenship grant,
but my husband's documents are not ready.
My question is, can I send application of me and my daughter in one package and my husband send his application after?

Thanks for answer

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

I need urgent help!
My previous passport will be expired on May 4th, I already have paid for a family of 3 for citizenship grant,
but my husband's documents are not ready.
My question is, can I send application of me and my daughter in one package and my husband send his application after?

Thanks for answer
You can apply with an expired passport...
You can also request a refund from IRCC and pay for your and your daughter's applications again, not waiting for your husband.

No idea how IRCC would handle an application where you paid more than what's needed for that package. My bet (which is nothing more than a bet) : they'll simply refund you the amount in excess and your husband will later need to pay again.

Call IRCC regarding this maybe?

mediyaone

Apr 15, 2018
I thought passport should be valid when I apply for citizenship, I read again guide for form CIT0002E but didn't find anything about validity or not validity of passport.
My husband's current passport is valid until next year,but he has lost his previous passport and we don't have any information about his previous passport.
In question 14 when they ask for passport or travel documents during eligibility period, we check yes we have current one but we explained in box B we have lost his previous one,Is that Ok?

Sorry if I ask so many questions

Thanks
M

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You're supposed to list all passports you had,including the ones lost, and not leave any gap in that question.
But I suppose if there's no way to retrieve the lost passport information, that's the way to go.
But your husband may be subject to additional scrunity regarding his physical presence.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
I thought passport should be valid when I apply for citizenship, I read again guide for form CIT0002E but didn't find anything about validity or not validity of passport.
My husband's current passport is valid until next year,but he has lost his previous passport and we don't have any information about his previous passport.
In question 14 when they ask for passport or travel documents during eligibility period, we check yes we have current one but we explained in box B we have lost his previous one,Is that Ok?

Sorry if I ask so many questions

Thanks
M
Just to be clear, you have to list all passports in the eligibility period (5 years). You may already understand it but I noticed you said your husband's passport expires next year and that would generally mean the current passport covered the entire 5 year eligibility period.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Just to be clear, you have to list all passports in the eligibility period (5 years). You may already understand it but I noticed you said your husband's passport expires next year and that would generally mean the current passport covered the entire 5 year eligibility period.
She's probably asking because her husband passport has a 5 years duration only.
But yeah, if it's a 10 years passport, all good ! :)