Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

Few years after getting my PR, I am now embarked on the joyous road of citizenship, where I plan to apply online in a few days.

I went over everything and I think there is only 1 thing unclear for me and it related to question 10a (List all addresses inside and outside of Canada during your entire 5-year eligibility period.) .

I have read on this forum we need to list Home residence (live/study/learn) and not the vacations one. But since the addresses are associated with dates, it is not entirely clear if those dates should match with the presence in the country. I explain myself with my own example:
- From beginning of eligibility period to 28-jun-17, I lived in France in FRANCEADDRESS
- From 28-jun-17 to 24-jul-17, I travelled in the US (9 different addresses of hotels and airbnb) (VACATION1)
- From 24-jul-17 to 18-aug-17, I was in Canada and was looking for a place to live (6 different addresses of hotels and airbnb) (TEMPPERIOD1)
- From 18-aug-17 to 26-aug-17, I travelled again in the US (6 different addresses of hotels and airbnb) (VACATION2)
- From 26-aug-17 to 30-aug-17, I was back in Canada (3 addresses of hotels and airbnb) (TEMPPERIOD2)
- From 30-aug-17 to 16-jul-19, I was living in CANADAADDRESS

So my situation is unusual, as there were 9 different addresses in Canada while i was looking for a definitive place to live (TEMPERIOD1 and TEMPERIOD2). I feel I need to put these addresses down, but if I do I will have to also put the 6 addresses of my VACATION2 since I did not have a permanent home at that time.

If there is the slightest doubt, i know i can list all addresses and then explain why in the explanation letter, but I feel it might be overwhelming.
Completion guidelines want us to be honest but also straight to the point but it seems complicated in my situation here.

Let me know what you think and what you would enter.

I look forward to hearing from you all!
Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
I would recommend putting all the mailable addresses that were in the government records - CRA, Health Plan, Bank, Utility bill etc.

Vacation addresses are not required as long as you have a mailable address on the records.

Bloum

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
That's a good idea. They are basically my landing addresses that I used for SIN application and banks (Airbnb one but they don't need to know that I imagine).